AMC: Jamie Luner In As Liza

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not sure I am going to like her as Liza. But I am glad Liza is coming back - Marcy Walker or no Marcy Walker.

From what I have understood from everything published Walker has moved on with her life in a new direction. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't have Liza just because of that.

I would love to have Walker back on my TV but if she is happy then that is all that matters. And it seems to me that she is doing what she wants to do now.

Guest dc cubs

I liked Luner on Savannah. I'm just not sure she can pass as Colby's mother. I'll be interested to see her acting versus David Canary.

• Members

I sure hope we get a few appearances from Jennifer Bassey to usher in Jamie Luner's 'reinvented' Liza Colby Chandler...I've always thought that the only way to successfully recast is to do so with someone who is younger or at least looks younger than the last actor. I don't know why, but I've always been more convinced when it goes that way.

• Members

Why? Liza was always a brainy, take-charge woman. She managed WRCW for many years, ran Chandler Enterprises, and was the initial brain behind Fusion. The career change doesn't seem like too much of a leap. I'm hoping that her being a lawyer brings some oomph back into the character; towards the end of her run, she was too much of a mopy, weak pouting dishrag.

• Members

I have my doubts about Liza as a lawyer, too. It just seems like an odd midlife career choice to me for a woman who used to run major corporations. I agree that she became a watered-down mess (mainly due to The Writer with the spermswitch storyline; Liza was just never the same after that ). I hope she comes back as a take-charge character!

I barely remember Jamie Luner on Melrose so I'm willing to give her a chance.

• Members

She's not a bad actress. Although I've only seen her on MP and Just the Ten of Us. It'll be interesting to see how she handles the soap workload. It's definitely nothing she's accustomed to. And I'll miss Marcy, but it's been long enough. And like it's been already said, MW is happier doing what she's doing. I know I should be hating all over this, but there's much WORSE news we could have heard.

ETA: Although I will SCREAM if she's Zach's attorney. The Zonnification continues...

• Members

I'm not saying she lacks the brains to be a lawyer, but I wish it was some other career. I just feel like Pratt said, "Oh let's make her a lawyer." How about making her a journalist? She does have a TV background. I could even accept her as a businesswoman since she has that background too. But law? Well, at least Pratt didn't turn her into a neurosurgeon.

Archived