AMC: Jamie Luner In As Liza

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

as odd as this choice was I think I might finally like Liza for a change bc I couldnt stand her when Marcy was in the role. I love Luner and she was a favorite of mine on the shows she was on before and I will give her a chance even though TPTB didnt make such a wise decision in casting her for this part. I feel she's almost doomed to fail bc of it and its not her fault, its theirs

• Members

I think she's back to plot with David against the Martins and Chandlers. Tad, Adam, and Jake will spend plenty of time telling everyone what a cheap piece of trash she is, and David will sneer at her behind her back as he uses her for his purposes. At best they will probably use each other and be toxic equals.

I can't see any type of complex writing with this recast. Luner is more inclined for high camp.

• Members

I liked Jamie Luner on Melrose Place. But I'm in agreement with the chorus that thinks Jamie Luner is incredibly miscast as Liza Colby. It is just not a copesetic fit. Pratt has already changed Liza's occupation. So we can all be sure that Liza's entire personality will be different and overhauled for the worst as well. Pratt is nothing if not predictable in his lameness.

• Members

Surely they won't have Tad calling her that since he was her ally in helping her get away from Adam. The last time we saw Liza they were chatting as if they were very good friends again.

But hey Liza's history has always been so screwed up anyway for awhile. So the changes don't bother me at all. I am still more bothered by the fact that Liza went to all the trouble she did to get away from Adam and save Colby from Adam.

Then all of a sudden Colby is back in town with no Liza to be seen. As if the Liza I knew would have went to all that trouble to keep Colby away and then suddenly allow her to come back and be raised by Adam.

If I am right didn't McTavish do all that [!@#$%^&*].

Since that happened whatever they do with Liza don't surprise me. Liza was forever changed and ruined when they went that route without any real explanation of why she did that all of a sudden.

• Members

If Liza is working with David (which is only my spec, as I'm not sure who else her secret partner in town would be), then Tad will read her the riot act. Past history probably won't matter.

I don't think Liza was ever the same after she became desperate for a child and then unknowingly got pregnant with Adam's sperm. She started changing into a more milquetoast character after she was paired with Jake, but when she got together with Adam the old Liza still had some moments. McTavish ruined that. I think McTavish had more good points than she's given credit for but what she did to Liza and to the Chandlers is hard to forgive.

• Members

Jamie Luner looks more like the type Krystal would have been grilling cheese sandwiches with a curling iron alongside at the trailer park than someone with class like Liza Colby Chandler.....

I am very, very interested to see how and if this can be sold....

"Hey y'all... I'm Liza.... where's my babydawl Colby at? Momma's got herself a fancy new law license so y'all better not mess with me ya hear?"

Archived