AMC: Jamie Luner In As Liza

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh. The other day I said in this thread I could see just by the look of her that this will be Kendell II and here it comes. Ugh, I hate her already. How old is Liza now, 35? I hope they do a Pine Valley High class reunion episode so she can hang out with Alfred and Amanda or whoever her friend was (the actress went on to star on Married With Children). In a rewrite, Marion can now be Liza'a grandmother.

• Members

I could see Kaye and Luner having chemistry, and she is a much less-amateurish actress than Minshew (ducking stones!). I just hope they don't gloss over her history with Tad, Jesse, etc, and that we don't feel like we're watching a brand new character. Can someone refresh my memory regarding Liza and Fusion? I know she was a founding member and funded it. Was she bought out, or was that never addressed?

• Members

I've noticed alot of mixed reactions to Luner taking over the role. I've watched Luner on Melrose and on Savannah. She didnt speak with that Southern drawl(which I have being from the south) all the time. She is good at playing the vixenish roles. Luner in the role of Liza could reinvent her bitchy side, which became missing over the last few years Walker was on the show as Liza. JMO

• Members

I called it that Pratt's version of Liza would be involved with Zach. And that Liza would be a rival for Kendall on AMC. I can easily see a horrible quad between Ryan, Kendall, Zach, and Liza in the works in the coming months. It will be too much for Pratt to resist. Pratt will have Liza most likely sexing up(or at least trying to) Zach and a few other male characters on AMC.

It's most likely one of the reasons he hired Jamie Luner as recast Liza. We all know Jamie knows how to convincingly play the vampy, bitchy, tough, and oversexed sexpot female character from her past television roles. I think that Pratt will indeed reinvent and bring back Liza's bitchy, bad girl, and manipulative personality when she returns. I can see Pratt making sure Liza(Jamie) being most likely in almost every story on AMC which might not bode well in the end. I still think Jamie is miscast as Liza Colby. It would have been better if she was cast in a new role.

• Members

I am doing major LOLing at Luner being paired up with Kaye..... Pratt just won't quit ;)

I really hope if they do place her in the Sextet quad, they don't totally ignore Liza's history with the older set (Tad/Adam/Angie/Jesse)

• Members

This is the most talked about soap new is a long long long time!! Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn's firing doesnt have nothing on this news!!! She would have been better off as being Mia, Liza's sister or even Gloria Marsh or somebody other then Liza Colby. She is just too young to be in the same group as Angie, Jesse, Tad, Alfred, and Greg. She look more like Joey's age, maybe she could have been Emily Ann.

Archived