Glee: Discusion Thread

Toups

• Members

It wasn't the end of the school year. That is why the only one leaving is Brittany (Heather Morris), which may have been done because she won't be available when they get back to taping due to her pregnancy.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah this was sectionals not regionals, that's at the end of the school year. They re going the one tree hill route to keep them in school longer. I like it, a lot.

And yeah it was basically a send off to Brittany/HM to write her out due to her pregnancy.

• Members

Damn if Heather Morris isn't gonna make me cry during this season finale....

It was so obvious it was Unique. Ryder's reaction was on point but also obvious as well. Wonder where they go from here....in all honesty there's nothing I find appealing about Unique. He's not funny or hot (like Sam), charming (like Blaine), or irresistibly adorably cute (like Kurt). He's just there and sometimes a little too in your face. The character has always been a non factor for me so I don't know what we're supposed to feel for him...

I do think its entirely possible that Ryder could be written as a bi guy but in the real world he'd never fall for a guy like Unique.

• Members

I wish they would do something else with a black female besides the loud, sassy background chick. Which he was supposed to be I guess. SMH.

I am totally against Ryder going that way as it is very unrealistic, and in real life things do not work out like that. I don't even really like the Unique character.

• Members

RE: Ryder....we really don't know that much about him though do we? Other than the absolutely horrible shooting episode where he made a quick touching goodbye message to his dad and his earlier reveal about not understanding Wade/Unique's gender there's not much there...

There's a lot of different ways they could go with him. Aside from his learning disability/impairment and his semi crush for Marley Ryder is a very small factor on the show.

Me personally I've never understood the transgender thing but that's not my only reason for not connecting with Unique/Wade. He's just so annoying and adds nothing of value in terms of singing or character development wise.

I have a feeling Glee is going to be very bad without Heather Morris to amuse us. Aside from Sam and sometimes Santana who else is going to provide some genuine laugh out loud comedic relief...?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

How do you guys think Ryan Murphy is going to deal with the character of Finn? Does it matter to you one way or the other? I've been hearing all sorts of crazy ideas/theories but I know that I don't think I want Finn to die of an overdose on the show. That would just be too too much IMO. And to make the cast have to relive all that.

I don't know I don't have much faith in the show doing it the "right way" or in any way that doesn't cause some type of mass backlash but I'm afraid with someone like Murphy its just going to be ridiculous.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I didn't realize this show started up again but caught the first two episodes online. Once again it is the NY half of the show that is where the good is and the high school half where the blah is. Blaine's proposal was very nice I guess, but eh, so what. Meanwhile, in NY things are moving along as we are watching a new side to Santana and the completely unrealistic but charming success story of Rachel.

Musically, the show two episodes in is relying a little too much on Darren Criss, but he is still better than his co-stars so I guess they have to. You listen to Puck Jr and he has great dance moves but he isn't really the singer needed to front these songs. Not sure any of the Beatles performances were stand out, but Hey Jude seemed decent as did All You Need Is Love. The Tina episode was ok, but I am sort of tired of Artie and my eyes glaze when he gets the spotlight. New evil cheerio looks 12. Sam was endearing with his crush on new nurse, they might work out.