Glee: Discusion Thread

Toups

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wow what a nice 100th episode. It was so refreshing to see an episode starring the entire real cast all together again. I don't think a single newbie got a line of dialogue. I would have liked a Puck and Coach Biest scene though. After a while of lackluster efforts, this was really nice and nice to see the two guest stars come back.

• Members

That was a nice series finale (even if it wasn't truly the finale). It's a shame it came to this but the show was running on empty for a while so the change may do it good. It was nice to see the original five get their moment, but sad that Tina gets left out. I am unclear about what happpens to Sue and Shue now but I think the show will be much better in NY full time. The only loss out of the new people will be Little Puck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

They renewed it for two more seasons last season, so they're basically stuck with it. They're "in talks" with Ryan Murphy how many episodes season 6 should be, considering they were originally contracted with 24 episodes... They're essentially begging to have a short final season. It'd be funny if they refused and they were stuck with a full season order, just for shits and giggles.

Edited by te.

• Members

No it wouldn't. If nobody's watching the show, nobody's going to be buying the songs either. If FOX was happy with it's ratings, it would of been on the fall schedule and air all 22 episodes originally ordered for it's final seson. Instead, it's not on schedule and FOX wants to reduce the number of episodes, so they can end Glee as quickly as possible.

• Members

Exactly. Fox actually rated lower than the CW last night. If they had been happy with the profits they wouldn't just be in discussions for a shorter order for season six, but they wouldn't be thinking about it as the final season. They would just replace Murphy if he wouldn't do a seventh season.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did a summer burn-off, to be honest.

• Members

Fox renewed shows with lower ratings. The decision also would've been made months ago, before these record lows.

Abd their sings still hit the top 100 on iTunes and sell well. It's also got a syndication deal and sells overseas. A lot more goes into a shows gate that strictly the most recent weeks 18-49 demo.

• Members

Glee has had bad ratings all season. It's not a new thing.

Only time people mention things like iTunes sales, international revenue is when ratings are bad. Yes, those can be factors, but they don't save shows. Ratings still matter the most and ultimate deciders of what gets renewed or not.