The Politics Thread

• Members

A friend of mine who is married to a veteran explained it to me as a lot of vets voted for Donald because Hillary (and Democrats in general) wants to cut the Pentagon's budget so they vote for what will make their jobs easier. Of course the problem is that money thrown at the Pentagon, just ends up in the pockets of defense contractors not the troops and certainly not the VA.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah he's getting more and more unhinged. But another deflection? It takes the heat off Sessions.

And in other news

In Red-State Utah, a Surge Toward Obamacare

It amazes me how people even in this article now regret for voting Trump because he's doing exactly what he said, repealing the ACA. Seriously do people even pay attention or is this just another "Well I never thought he would really do that".

• Members

It diverts attention from his disastrous Cabinet picks like Sessions but he also gets to look like a lunatic with no discipline in the process.  Any trace of the 'presidential' bearing that the press claimed he had has been blasted away.

His minions and fans also get to look increasingly delusional in the process.

• Members

some believe everything that comes ut of his mouth. the TVMSM needs to make this garbage the second or third story and keep hammering on Trump/Russia Ties....while also actually telling news stories that have nothing to do with this fool. 

Someone who is on a panel on CNN said that the MSM who called him presidential after the STOU address should be taken to task for trying to normalize this man after what he tweeted this morning. from what I have now read, most of his staff didn't even know he tweeted any of this until after they woke up this morning. 

• Members

I don't doubt that there are some people who are just as you say but there are also some people who happen to live at the fountain of eternal hope.  They need to believe that someone is going to make things better for them and it really doesn't matter who that someone is.  If Trump doesn't deliver for them, they will move on to the next candidate who promises those jobs that are never coming back.

So Trump's crackpot security didn't discover he was wiretapped.  I thought they were supposed to be better than the Secret Service.  Now I wonder which will happen first: he drives himself over the edge or the Russian connection blows up in his face. 

Like their very own Van Jones and the new game plan.  He should feel quite idiotic this morning.

• Members

At least of portion of my dad's family did. And my parents are from Arkansas--they were in Fayetteville in college when Bill & Hillary taught at the law school there. I love my grandfather, but I know better than to talk about this, especially since I'm so active in Democratic politics. It makes me more sad than angry, honestly.

Please register in order to view this content

'

One of my dear friends from college is a Republican who voted for Trump. She's always been upfront about it, and we still talk, but I sometimes wonder if I'm being a hypocrite because of that.