Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hopefully consumer groups will get the telecommunications blocked from being lax with info that could lead to mass identity theft.

Trump's got this bizarre and highly dangerous belief that letting businesses do what they want will somehow lead to 25 million jobs.  His reality is destructive for the average resident.

I don't know if this is an example of his thinking he's so much smarter than everyone else better but I wish company execs would stop allowing themselves to be pawns in his con game of making America great again.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-trump-harley-davidson-tariff-20170302-story.html

Here's a fact check on what he's taken credit for:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fact-checking-what-trump-has-taken-credit-for/

Sarah Hucakabee Sanders (who I call the down home version of Kellyanne Conway) was at it again this morning.  I caught the tail end of her garbage.  Ari Melber said he was being charitable in referring to it as bizarre.  It's just another example of how clueless all of them are about how the security agencies function.  Now they're all just out there damaging their credibility while spinning a web of lies for the most ignorant one of them all.

• Members

A short but interesting interview with Teen Vogue's Lauren Duca on how they are reaching teenage girls (and beyond) with politics now. And it definitely drives me crazy when people act like teenage girls can't possibly be interested in politics. I sure as hell was when I was a teenager--I was 15 during the 2004 presidential election. It IS possible to be both a typical teenage girl, interested in typical teenage girl things, while also expressing an interest in learning about politics.

http://www.motherjones.com/media/2017/02/teen-vogue-lauren-duca

• Members

Another example of why I don't take the Washington Post seriously, no matter how much they pat themselves on the back. Even now they are still trying to stretch for any "both sides are bad" and "this is why we have to be special in a way both sides aren't" delusions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/03/06/the-sorry-state-of-political-discourse-right-now-in-five-bernie-sanders-tweets/?utm_term=.b65670e550c1

• Members

Same here. I could care less what most of these people have to say or think with the exception of maybe one or two. Blow is one, Krugman at times is. The rest frankly could care less.

Off topic, whenever I hear people now talking about how light the democratic bench is, I think of this guy, Jason Kander. His Let America Vote organization is raising money like crazy based on small donations and he's almost everywhere now. Here is a video of he with Jake Tapper(meh) but Kander is great talking about voter fraud.

Frankly I think the democrats could have a much deeper bench than I originally thought with Kamala Harris, Pete Buttigieg, and there are several others. Georgia actually has an election for governor in 2018 and there is talk that the Democratic party is trying to get Sally Yates, fired AG to run.

And I have to laugh at the attack ads by the GOP in that GA-06 race for the house that young Jon Ossoff is competing in. Their ad showed him in college having fun at a party dressed as Hans Solo. That may not reach older voters, but younger folks should actually get a kick out of it.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

That massive voter fraud claim is yet another claim that Trump made that has no merit. That WH investigation is going nowhere.

...but since almost none of the media outlets are talking about Sessions lying under oath, I guess this latest Trump lie has achieved its aim.

Ben Carson is rightfully being dragged on Twitter. He may have left his brain in the mid-2000s, I think.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I think his aim was to distract the media from talking about Russia.  Jeff Sessions just said he didn't mislead Congress and now has a memory problem.

No, he just lives in that special place.  It's an utter waste of time to even try with him.  He and DeVos can have some enlightening chats about the choices those "immigrants" and their descendants had to make.

• Members

Not really. Claiming Obama tapped his phones was a stupid thing to say but it still ties back into his ties to Russia. I think the real story here is that even if Trump's phone wasn't bugged he's so tied to the Russian mob that there's little doubt that they have him on the phone with someone who was. This was a pre-emptive shot for if/when that drops.