The Politics Thread

• Members

Maybe not. Being a Republican in a blue state with Trump as President will be a major drag on every blue state Republican. In 2006, Lincoln Chafee lost his Senate seat in Rhode Island, despite having high approvals. What did him and several other blue state Republicans in was Bush's low approval. 2018 could be just like 2006.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Coast Guard and airport security, eh?  Well, so much for keeping us safe!

A collision between us and North Korea is gonna look a lot like when Homer and Bart Simpson ran into each other with pots on their heads.

• Members

This man is gonna seriously get us all killed. Sadly, we can't just blame this dolt, but instead we should be blaming the GOP, who refused to pull the trigger on an already smoking gun. 

I doubt many of his voters would care about the cuts to the TSA b/c most of them haven't left as far as their backyard. 

• Members

Well they'll have something to whine about in due time with the budget being cut to the TSA b/c another incident is gonna occur. Just watch. 

Also, isn't he cutting funds on FEMA too? Most of his voters live in areas that are affected by natural disasters and need FEMA but whatever. All these dolts are quickly learning that they are gonna pay for what they voted for. 

• Members

And in the last few weeks, I think there's been about 25-30 tornadoes happening primarily in red states. Has he spoken about this at all? 

I've been reading about the Wikileaks CIA hacking dump and in one article a cyber expert thinks that it is more likely that a "foreign power", not a conscience-stricken CIA employee sent the documents to Wikileaks. 

This makes it even more urgent that a full independent investigation of Russian hacking be done.

• Members

Oh, there's definitely competition for 2018 against Hogan (it's next year). We have several County Executives who would be good. (For the record, that's as lame as it sounds--it's actually a big position here in MD for our counties. I will say that I'd like to see Congressman John Sarbanes--son of our former Senator Paul Sarbanes--run for higher office here someday.)

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

Russia has deployed a banned missile:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/us-general-russia-deployed-banned-missile-45992484

"Selva said the missile's deployment presents what he called a "risk to most of our facilities in Europe" and that the move is a deliberate effort by Russia to pose a threat to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization."

Has anybody heard what his tough stance on Russia is yet? It kind of seems as if they can do whatever they want while Trump plays finger-pointing games with the media.