The Politics Thread

• Members

I definitely won't be surprised if we hear that some Trump loyalist is plotting this. 

Wikileaks can try to distract all they want.  I don't suppose they figure there are average people out there who will wonder why nothing unfavorable has been leaked about Republicans.  They're just making it more obvious what they are all about.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Don't assign any noble intentions to these guys. Heritage Action, Prosperity for America(Koch Brothers) have come out against it. And as we see, Mike Lee and Rand Paul don't like it because it's too much like the ACA

http://time.com/4693759/republican-party-obamacare-replacement-club-for-growth-heritage-action/

And from John Kasich

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Given that they kept him out of the Senate by huge majorities it seems they don't really appreciate him, sadly.

I don't think that would have happened, so I don't blame them there, but I can't praise them on this yet as there hasn't been a vote. A lot of these people cave when the vote happens.

• Members

These people are such twits. How many years have they had to come up with a "superior" alternative? 

They've got a piss poor alternative, they are still spinning that tale of a conservative utopia, which doesn't exist.

Yes, if they had true backbones, they would have showed some semblance of bipartisanship and worked with President Obama on a better version of the Affordable Care Act but it was all about demonizing Obama for votes with nothing to back it up.

Now they own Congress but they don't want to take responsibility or be made accountable for the mess and constant scandals that erupt almost daily but they are whores for votes, so they still want to sell this illusion of a superior conservative health care plan.

It's been 6 years muthaf*ckas, where the hell is your plan??!

• Members

Well not huge. Blunt only won by 2.5%(and less that 50% of the vote) and without the Libertarian and Green party candidates who pulled about 4.5 % who knows. And in a fairly red state. While he lost, he's still one of the most promising democrats out there. And he accomplished what he did with no money or help of any consequence from the DNC. That's actually closer than the races the democrats thought they had in Indiana and Wisconsin where there was money dumped in.

This Illinoian would love another super star democrat here. We're basically stuck with the Madigan's or Rahm Emmanuel, although we do have Tammy Duckworth.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Ah. I thought it was further back than that. I guess I've seen so many of these Democrats who almost won and this is supposed to lead to more, only for them to slip into the system and the machine, that I blur them together.

• Members

I'm just curious what he's going to do until he decides (if he decides) to run for office again (and what he WILL run for). 

Then again, he did start an organization called Let America Vote, which seeks to end voter suppression, so he does have that.

Maryland could use a few rising stars nowadays--we used to have Martin O'Malley, and I still love him, but that hasn't turned out so well as of now. And Chris Van Hollen--and he's great, I've met him a few times before--but he's going to be in the Senate for a long, long time more likely than not (that's certainly not a complaint!).

Like I've said before, beating Larry Hogan will be harder than it should be here, but we CAN make it competitive. 

• Members

To me I see him running for office. If he wasn't interested in running for political office, I think he would have made himself a contender for the DNC. I don't know what he can run for in MO. Claire McCaskill is running in 2018 for her senate seat(I don't see him running for senate again). He's only 35. Maybe a VP pick come 2020. If he continues to increase his profile, if his organization grows, I can see him moving toward that. And I think his status as a veteran would compensate for his alleged lack of national government experience. He was in the house in Missouri before he became Sec of State there.

It's a shame there is no competition for Hogan. That is 2 years away though. Is there no one?

• Members

We tried our level best to get the vote out for Kander. I honestly thought he would win...but many of us in Mo. didn't vote at all. McCaskill is not very popular right now in some sections of the state. if she is primaried depending on the candidate she may not win her seat again.