Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The fine was part of the mandate that made eliminating pre-existing conditions as a barrier for insurance possible. Without it, there was no way to force insurance companies to stop denying insurance to people with pre-existing conditions.

• Members

Hillary would've moved heaven and earth to get us closer to single payer. The GOP would be doing what they did to Obama but she would've tried her damndest. She was working on health care reform back when Obama was smoking weed in college. The ignorant fraud we have in the White House now claims that no one knew health care could be so complicated. Except one person knew better than anybody.

• Members

That's the same old talking point people do pay for it. That was the only way to get the insurance companies to drop the pre-existing condition mandate. And how do they pay for it? Same as we did before. People with no insurance use the emergency rooms for healthcare don't pay and our premiums rise. I had private insurance 20 years ago when I was younger and self employed and paid $400/month for insurance in that great "free" market.

The problem is the mandate is not going away. Rather than being required to keep insurance, you can drop it, but then the insurance company bumps your premiums up by 30% each time you re-enroll. SO if the idea is to only buy insurance when you need it, you're going to be penalized for it anyway. And the crap policies that cover nothing and milk people out of money are coming back which basically cover nothing. And again who pays for the treatments those people having those policies can't afford to pay for? THe rest of us.

• Members

https://mobile.twitter.com/cavalorn/status/654934442549620736

I do feel sorry for her. In a way it's like blaming a homeless person for not knowing how to balance a checkbook. For whatever reason she's never engaged. Suddenly she's confronted with a singular issue that motivated her to engage for the first time. You never know what you don't know. 

But im insanely gratified that she's suffering the consequences of her decision. Accountability is really big for conservatives. It's good they have to suffer as well. 

• Members

I'm not clever enough to know whether the GOP is merely a study in hypocrisy or the prime example of irony.  If I get this correctly, they just introduced a healthcare bill that eliminates coverage for mental Health services that affects millions of patients. That happened within a couple of weeks of The Orange Smear In America's Underpants rescinding President Obama's executive order denying the mentally ill from purchasing guns. Soooooooo.  Don't treat the mentally ill. Protect their right to purchase AR 15s. 

• Members

Politics, sad, corrupt. The EVIL Koch bros run the GOP. NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF. 

https://thecorrespondent.com/6286/if-shell-knew-climate-change-was-dire-25-years-ago-why-still-business-as-usual-today/692773774-4d15b476

owned by oil and gas and the tobacco industry before that.  We think we're divided now?  Wait until we don't have safe drinking water for everybody and folks like GregNYC have all the guns and ammunition. They're nucking fruts and they're armed. 

It's kind of funny, only not. I have a dear friend who disregards climate science but she and her family are arming themselves to the teeth in case THE WALKING DEAD scenario actually comes to pass. 

And at 60 years old, I just bought my first gun. I hate them. I really don't want to live in a world that is so crazy I need to fear my neighbors, but I've come to see that my orange filth supporting neighbors have guns and they're frocking insane. It doesn't make sense to let the mentally ill have all the guns. 

• Members

Whenever I hear how supposedly how awful and corrupt the DNC is I remember my grandfather years ago was involved in local democratic politics and if people want to hear about dirt and deal making and collusion he had a ton of stories. But they got things done. That's how it worked and still does.

And to point to the RNC or GOP as some bastion of morality with the Koch Brothers who have single handedly with their puppets in place like Brownback in Kansas, Jindal in Louisiana, and Walker in Wisconsin have systematically destroyed all 3 states. Kansas is crumbling, Wisconsin went from a bastion of progressivism to a state that has slipped in education, lost revenue and business since it's been Tea partied. And their puppets in Congress have shut our government how many times, costing us billions for what? My late brother who lived in Indiana for a while, was there when Richard Lugar a conservative GOP senator who dared to reach across the aisle to work with democrats was primaried and beaten by another one of their robots in the primary who fortunately lost to the democrat due to his "rape resulting in a pregnancy were intended by God" comment.