Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's wonderful news, especially given all the attempts to suppress the vote and the long lines people have to wait in. I really want to see all the groups Trump insulted show up at the polls to hand him his ass. I've never felt more personal animosity towards a candidate in my life.

• Members

President Obama has really been pushing black voters to turn out by essentially saying that it's necessary to vote whether or not a black candidate is on the ballot or not. It looks like that strategy is working and with new registrations, black turnout is definitely going to go up.

• Members

Hopefully that sticks. Thanks. I'd enjoy seeing Ayotte lose. She's a complete idiot who has gotten a free pass for 6 years because the media wants a Republican woman as VP or President and because she hangs out with the media's forever friends McCain and Graham

• Members

So they're still pushing the narrative. Typical. They'll want to depress turnout if possible. I'm glad they're getting pushback. Mook's been a pretty good campaign manager to her, especially after the disasters of 2008. 

The Clinton White House had so many colorful characters and she was right up there. I think I best remember the merciless SNL parodies of her that she helped spoof toward the end of the '90s. 

• Members

It must be said that Kate McKinnon's Hillary is also pretty great, and apparently enjoyed by the candidate who has appeared with her more than once.

There was a supplement to Tom Shales' excellent SNL oral history Live From New York a couple years back which featured several cast members complaining about the weak/center right tilt the show's politics had taken in the 2000s. I think it's improved considerably since the Bush years and many of the performers are great, but I think most of the political sketches remain toothless and silly so Lorne can stay in good social standing.

That being said, most of the players and writers in the McKinnon/Baldwin sketches make it crystal clear what they think of Trump. They've been great.