• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's not just NC, but we all knew this.

Judge orders Trump campaign to stop intimidating Ohio voters

Also, the FBI is investigating its own Twitter account,whic has mysteriously begun tweeting after being inactive for about a year. The real question seems to be will Comey survive all this controversy that the FBI has become mired in?

FBI investigating one of its Twitter accounts

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I have a feeling he's going to end up like Hoover, and stay no matter what. 

I don't read much New Republic these days but I was looking at a review of Doctor Strange and saw this. I'm glad someone said it - essentially, so much of the blame for this election year and the worst to come next year is the fault of Democrats who stayed home.

https://newrepublic.com/article/138293/democratic-voters-blame-hillary-clintons-headaches

• Members

I wouldn't call it relief, but I felt proud to see her name on the ballot and to be able to vote for her. 

I am just sticking with PEC that says she has a greater than 99% chance of winning (not quite 100%, but it doesn't get any better than greater than 99). 

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

Kurt Eichenwald's latest expose on Trump and Russia. As to the FBI, here's Rachel Maddow. Seems like the entire NY office of the FBI is very chummy with Giuliani and obsessed with Breitbart.

Brian Williams seems to enjoy fûcking with Mark Halperin for being a Trump shill (this is not the first time he's done it), and I appreciate it.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I find the idea that the FBI has partisan cliques a little disturbing.   They're people too so of course they will have opinions, but the FBI should be like the secret service and be operating in an ideology-free zone.   Perhaps that is naive, but agents should not be able to coerce the department to take action via threat of leaks.    Thankfully things aren't as bad as the days of J Edgar Hoover, but still, there should be a way to clean the FBI up from political agendas.

• Members

They got their entire 'investigation' of Hillary from the Breitbart-sponsored book "Clinton Cash". When they didn't get traction with that compelling lead inside the Bureau or at DOJ, they began leaking to the WSJ and then to the press at large, prompting Comey to attempt to intercede by putting out his idiotic statement in the hopes of stifling further leaks.

Here's another piece about it, though the Daily Beast article a page or two ago really covers it best. I think another one back there from an inside source also says much of the regional FBI offices are "Trumpland" or Breitbart lovers.

I've never lived through anything like this, though you hear stories about Hoover, obviously. The idea that the FBI could have gone so rogue is incredibly disturbing. Someone will have to clean house.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Giuliani is in hot water - backtracking on CNN after gloating that he'd gotten a heads-up from his FBI sources on their mutiny.

New PPP polls have Hillary up by 5 in Michigan, VA and 3 in Colorado.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Everything I've seen says they're breaking for Hillary. I think you're putting too much into the media's usual drive to keep the horse race til the last hour by hyping outliers.

Meanwhile: The DNC thinks it may have been bugged; Howard Hunt would be proud.

Per Josh Marshall, Latino turnout is up by 100% in Florida, 60% in NC and 25% in CO and NV.

Edited by Vee

• Members

The media smells blood about the FBI and has almost since the end of last Friday, to their credit. I think they are often lazy and facile, but in the end, no, I don't believe most of them want Trump in office. There is a Republican lean in the Beltway media, always has been and maybe always will be, but there is a difference between that crowd and Trumplandia.