The Politics Thread

• Members

Jane Doe may very well have shady people surrounding her but that doesn't mean that she shouldn't be heard or have her day in court.  

It's hard to get to the bottom of anything when we have seen the media's reluctance to investigate any and all things Trump.

Really, think about it.

The New York Times was the only newspaper/media to do a fair amount of investigation into Trump's tax matters and after a few soundbytes during the 2nd Presidential debate, it has pretty much faded in the media.

That Access Hollywood "grab 'em by the p*ss*" comment only got traction because it was Trump, damned by his own words and he tried to make the ludicrous comment that "no one respected women as much as..." he does. It's also been pretty much an afterthought in the media in less than two weeks.

The endorsements by David Duke, the KKK, etc...all swept away like nothing. Trump has lied repeatedly about his mocking POWs, a disabled reporter, etc. He has been made accountable for nothing.

If I were a victim of Trump, I'd probably backtrack away from public notice too because no one holds Trump to account for any of the disgusting things he's said or done over 30 years. He'll only deflect anyway.

Many of his fans have shown themselves to be prone to violence, what protection would anyone have against that?

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Of course she should be heard, but some of the reporters who are looking into it aren't even sure she exists. I also think this blurb is exactly right.

But the Clinton campaign hasn’t touched Johnson’s allegation, and with good reason. It’s true that the allegation is explosive, and could make voters see Trump’s many disturbing comments about young girls over the years in a new light. But it’s also very dubious and uncertain. And there’s no real need to promote a case as sketchy and risky as that one when a dozen women have come forward with much more credible stories, using their own names and making themselves available to reporters for scrutiny.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

That would be very serious if someone filed court documents under a false identity.  I guess when December 16 comes and the initial conference for the civil lawsuit begins, we'll find out where things actually stand and whether Jane Doe is for real.

If Jane Doe is going to be judged for the shady company she keeps, should the same be said of Trump and his association with Jeffrey Epstein who served time for soliciting a minor?

• Members

Sure, but Trump has been called out for hanging out with Roger Ailes. The press can't make the people who don't care start caring about this stuff. No doubt Trump has gotten away with a lot, but that's on his followers because a lot of the credible problems he has are out there for all to see.

• Members

@JuliajmsOh, I expect nothing resembling introspection from Trump's followers, I know they couldn't care less. I don't expect the MSM to get people to care about Trump's misdeeds but I don't believe that MSM has even done due diligence when it comes to giving an in depth look at Trump when they've basically gone over Clinton's history with a fine tooth comb- no lie, this morning, a news anchor proceeded to talk about HRC's relationship to her father. Nothing said about Trump's father and his need to mold his son into "killers" (this is a term that Fred Trump used to use to describe a go-getter type, for real!

Please register in order to view this content

)

Soledad O'Brien who was an anchor on CNN just called them out publicly for their lack of thorough reporting and the use of false equivalencies.

I guess I should've been used to the obvious different standards that each candidate is being held to. Hillary to a higher standard, but for Trump, the bar could not be lower.

• Members

I didn't see the speech but I saw some comments and they were overwhelmingly negative, some even mocking. A few people even speculated that she seems to be doing the most to make Trump as unattractive a candidate as she can.

Personally, I'm on Melania divorce watch after this election.

With all these recent allegations of sexual assault, I wouldn't be surprised if she had already consulted a lawyer about how to expand the terms of her pre-nuptial/post-nuptial agreement to better suit her monetarily. 

• Members

This nightmare can't be over soon enough. The scary part to me is that the white supremacists and their ilk have been emboldened and our society has shown itself vulnerable to the whole "stong man" conceit.  We can hope this moment in history will pass with Trump's defeat, but I'm skeptical.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

Nathan Deal is out here calling folks 'colored.' 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/georgia-nathan-deal-colored-people_us_581a9338e4b08f9841ad44ef

Colored People? 1f612.png😒 

Bitch, it is 2016 not 1964. Also, the last time I checked, white was in a box of Crayola too, so it is a color. 

I HATE ignorant ass people who do it intentionally. Old ass fart. I hope his prostate falls out.

• Members

If we still insist on paying attention to polls, the state (not national) polls appear to offer a more accurate picture of what's actually happening on the ground. According to this poll, there is definitely no enthusiasm gap for Clinton with Latinos in Florida.

Clinton’s 30-point lead in Florida Hispanic poll is ‘terrifying’ to GOP nationwide