Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Reading the Senate projections at Daily Kos they have it as 50-50, which includes Wisconsin and Indiana even as polling has shown them steadily move away (although WI is still in contention, even if the huge amount of money thrown at it the last few days doesn't bode well). I hope the Democrats outperform the polls or have some surprises as Hillary would have no real chance of actually governing if Republicans keep the Senate. I'm so tired of the morons out there who still split tickets and believe in the fantasy of a divided government. There will be absolutely nothing good that can come out of those hatemongers keeping the Senate. 

• Members

Right here.

Almost as funny: Poor Michael Steele, left as one of a relative few rational Republicans in 2016 a la Nicolle Wallace and Steve Schmidt, goofin' on MSNBC's panel right now. When the anchor worries about "shading on his kumbaya" for the night, Steele holds up a mug full of liquid and says "shade all you want with what I got in this cup!" Good times. I've become fond of Steele in his own way.

Edited by Vee

• Members

So we should know the results of this in about 24 hours right? For a non-American, I'm so nervous; I can't even imagine how you guys feel.

I've never been so invested in anything involving American politics ever but this feels so much bigger than just America. I feel like the whole world is watching with bated breath to make sure that orange blob doesn't become leader of the free world.

• Members

You'll likely know in a little less than 24 hours.

It is easily the most dangerous and important election of my life, and I survived the Bush years. But no, I do not think it will be close and I am not very worried. I haven't been much all along, really. But we know the world is watching, and I think most of us are very ready to put this behind us.

• Members

I just LOLed at this. The anger is so real. I've seen that woman that brings up the Red Lobster line on CNN harping on the same set of lyrics lol.

Thanks! I'm not really worried about the results themselves either so much as I'm worried about how his supporters are going to take it. Judging by most of their Twitter presences, they're not the most sane people and seem to honest to god believe that he's winning and that the election is being rigged against them.

• Members

They weren't very sane in the last two elections either. I think at heart most of them are cowards. I do not expect armed insurrection.

Meanwhile: Dixville Notch, the first place in the country to vote, a tiny little town of a handful of people, casts 4 votes for Hillary, 2 for Trump, 1 for Johnson and 1 for - wait for it - Mitt Romney.

• Members

Well that's good. I'm hoping it goes as smooth as possible and that these people just go back into whatever hole they come from.

That seems like a good start for Hillary right? I'm not sure were NH falls in the state of things.

Also, can anyone explain to me where these people that get on CNN and MSNBC and defend Trump come from? Like Jeffrey Lord and that Kayleigh girl. Are these people he pays and what exactly qualifies them to be on the telly everyday preaching about him? (again- sorry for all the questions, I'm just really finding this whole thing frightening yet fascinating at the same time)

• Members

It's definitely a good start.

I'm honestly not sure who pays those people. I don't think Trump does, as he historically avoids paying any and all as much as possible (he even stiffed his pollster). But since you mentioned them, this video will be instructive (wait for Giuliani):