The Politics Thread

• Members

I think it's obvious there are vicious people of all political persuasions who don't mind going after kids. Poor Chelsea Clinton was really dragged for sport and I don't think that had much to do with politics. Some people just take a certain joy in being hurtful, especially if they think they are hurting a child they perceive as spoiled. Just look at the way some go after North West, Suri Cruise or any number of celebrity children. It's an ugly side of our modern society.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

No matter who does it, it's ugly behavior. If ever the term two wrongs don't make a right applied to a situation, I'd say it's this one. I just don't see it as a political issue, it's a human one. I couldn't stand Sarah Palin, but I thought everyone who made fun of her baby was disgusting. If it has anything to do with politics at all, it's just another sign of how divisive and brutal politics have become. Nothing is sacred or off limits in certain circles as long as they can get a shot in on the opposing team.

• Members

You're wasting your time. It's impossible to push your way past the right-wing persecution complex. The only thing tougher and more impenetrable is Wolverine's skeleton.

That said, I'm kind of glad that Lauten got her own criminal past dragged out there for the world to see. I get tired of people on both sides who retcon their own dirt then proceed to pass judgment on others. How many times do we hear people on their high horse start with "When I was a kid....." then follow it with tale upon tale of how perfect they were? So anytime that hypocrisy gets ripped away is just fine with me.

• Members

It matters to me mostly because of the level of power you are attached to. I don't expect all that much from a comedian, who is often there to disgust people or shock people, especially these days. When you're working for a powerful Congressman in the majority party, then you should keep your mouth shut.

• Members

The New Republic, largely irrelevant since destroying most of their credibility by being heavy cheerleaders for invading Iraq, seems to be on its last legs.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/new-republic-mass-resignations

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/12/the-new-republic-moves-to-new-york-city-113343.html?hp=t4_r

CNN finally lanced a boil on its ass named Candy Crowley. I guess daring to correct Mitt Romney was the last straw.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/candy-crowley-leaving-cnn

Edited by DRW50

• Members

This is really frightening...

One of the representatives for the Swedish Democrats in our parliament wants to start registers over the nationality of the parents of prisoners in Swedish prisons, even those who have received citizenship. He thinks he's found a loophole in the Swedish laws against discriminations through this.

Shades of the Nuremberg laws in Nazi Germany......

And to think that the party he's representing got almost 13% of the votes in our last election, and in the latest opinion poll they had around 16-17%!!

• Members

Wow, are you really that clueless or maybe I didn't explain good enough. Maybe you've heard of a little thing called WWII? I do believe that the US was involved in that too.

This is just another sign of many that Europe is slowly drifting towards the same ideas of racial, ethnical and religious discrimination that the nazis stood for. Anti-semitism is rearing its ugly head again all over Europe and racial and religious tensions are common.

Just a few years ago a suggestion like this would have been unthinkable here, and the fact that a member of our parliament, representing the third largest party, is saying these things is cause for concern. Even more scary is the fact that I think many people secretly agree with him. It's amazing how fast people forget. Less than 70 years ago Europe lay in ruins, but now the same ideas which brought us to that point are being heard all over the continent again.

Edited by I Am A Swede