Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I know supposedly he wanted to do it months ago.

It's telling that the networks refused to cover his press conference, they're so terrified of retribution.

And the GOP is already saying this will lead to "ethnic cleansing."

This is America today.

• Members

Well, there's nothing they can do about it. According to the NYT's analysis, their options are limited.

There's a lot of problems with America today, but there's plenty of people in this country who are all for this and more. Most of them stopped listening to most of the Beltway pundits a long time ago. It's good news - take a moment.

Edited by Vee

• Members

If anybody needed more proof that there is no liberal media this should be it.

I hope that Obama has finally learned that there's no point in trying to put off actions like this in the hope of saving Democrats. He let the blue dogs talk him out of acting on Keystone and this months ago and it didn't do anything but drive away the Democratic base.

• Members

Even more than that, it's offensive. I agree with his executive action, but when he put it off due to the election, I found that pretty shady. I know it's politics as usual, but it just rubbed me wrong and felt manipulative. Kind of like he knew he was doing something voters wouldn't like, so he waited until there wouldn't be any consequences. I'm not a swing voter, but if I were, that would have driven me to the Republicans.

The strangest part about the executive action on immigration is that it's really no big deal. People with children won't face deportation for 3 years, so what? I mean, I'm happy for those people, I'm sure it's a relief, but I don't feel like this changes much in the big picture. I feel like he should have just given the Dreamers citizenship and been done with it, but maybe he couldn't legally go that far?

• Members

It the unfortunate effect of how craven beltway Democrats have become. Obama put it off because the blue dogs begged him too. Begich, Manchin, Landrieu and their ilk have poisoned the Democratic Party with their constant attempts to stay in power. They don't want Obama to do anything at all because they think that they can somehow win the votes of Republicans. The fact that they all voted for Keystone shows how utterly delusional they are. It's the political equivalent of Battered Women's Syndrome. They think that the Republicans push them down the stairs because they burned dinner when the truth is the Republicans push them down the stairs because they want to. Burning dinner is just the excuse.

• Members

This is an interesting perspective on the ACA. I selfishly hope the system is more user friendly when it's my turn to use it (5-10 years from now). This guy has a really good attitude, not sure I would feel the same.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-kanegis/signing-up-for-obamacare_b_6175936.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

• Members

I've always thought Hoyer and Pelosi were a bad mix, and I have never known what exactly Hoyer's strength even is. Pelosi is good for scraping votes together to keep a unified caucus, and I don't think she's ever been the bogeywoman she's made out to be, but I do think it's time for her to move on.

Anyway, our latest, and far from our last, case of far right double standards. A (now former) staffer for a far right Congressman trashed Malia and Sasha Obama for having no class. As it turns out, she was arrested as a teenager.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/lauten-sasha-malia-class-arrested-teen