The Politics Thread

• Members

I was watching some of the news on msnbc and caught a segment of the Georgia election. This reporter was in Buckhead (the "Beverly Hills" of Atlanta (when I lived there, that's what people called it) and for Cyber Monday, I guess these voters are on their smartphones shopping the the lastest deals because they ain't going nowhere. Nope. They are all standing in those long lines waiting to vote.

Edited by Noel

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

For anyone interested in helping the Warnock campaign in these final days, Swing Left has a phone bank setup you can participate in. Sign up here

Win the Georgia runoff | Swing Left

Also you can goto Senator Warnocks website and select volunteer. There are options to phonebank here also.

Reverend Warnock for U.S. Senate (warnockforgeorgia.com)

I did phone banking before the midterms to a specific demographics in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan - Independent and GOP Suburban Women organized by NARAL.  This was specifically related to Roe.  These were the women I was speaking to that told me the polling was a load of hogwash. Many of the others phone banking for NARAL experienced the same thing.  

I will tell anyone here it does make a difference. NARAL's strategy for their phone banking was deep canvassing. 15-30 minute conversations.

I will say to anyone here. If you have a chance to work or volunteer in a state where they are working to put a referendum regarding abortion rights on the ballot, PLEASE DO IT. This gets people to the polls, especially women.

• Members

The question to me is why were they in business with a man who is so clearly unwell? He can't really believe that slavery was a choice. Not in his right mind. Someone who will say that is a loose cannon and out of touch with reality, which he clearly is. I am not a fan of Ye. I cannot even name one of his songs. I do think his illness is being exploited. Otherwise, why isn't someone forcing him into treatment? For awhile there I worried for Kim K's safety and I can't stand her.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Money is the reason why transatlantic slavery existed in the first place. It has been socially acceptable for people of means to exploit others and slavery has become an accepted part of the world economy and how corporations and institutions and even governments have done business over centuries, that’s why companies continued to work with “Ye” even after he said such a disgusting thing as that “slavery was a choice”. It is deemed an acceptable part of the narrative for countries and commerce, with little to no remorse for the suffering it caused and continues to cause.

Tragically, exploitation equals money for people of means, governments, corporations, universities and even some churches were built from exploiting people. Kanye obviously is not at the bottom rung of society like the typically exploited but with his lack of normal mental capacity, he is exploitable.

Social media is rife with grumbling from right-wing trolls who crave chaos and don’t want McConnell or McCarthy to work toward a solution to avert the looming railroad strike.

• Members

And right with them are far-left wing who are complaining, without actually knowing what proposals are being discussed, that Congressional leaders will concoct an agreement that will undermine the railroad workers and side with the heads of the industry. Each far flank unhelpful in their own way.

Jiang was the leader during the crackdowns on the protesters in Tiananmen Square. The Chinese government will probably put up wall to wall coverage to try to draw focus away from the protests against strict COVID-19 lockdowns but this may serve as a reminder of another time when intense restrictions were in place—at least to those who can remember 1989, as many younger generations of Chinese have been blocked by censorship from reading about that era.

• Members

This is becoming too easy for Senator Raphael Warnock if he's wants to do another campaign ad highlighing Hershel Walker flappin' that mouth of his again. Is Hershel Walker Pentecostal Holiness? Maybe he's trying to speak in tongues. The only things missing are a bass guitar, a drum set, maracas, and a tambourine.

Please register in order to view this content

"Key-oooo-sa-la-tahhhhh, la-la-tee-ahhh! Mayio-sal-lah-mee-o-te-oh! Kah-mah, so me tee kahhhhhh!"