• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Colorado 3rd Congressional District:
Lauren Boebert won.  Her opponent Democrat Adam Frisch said he called her and conceded.
https://www.cpr.org/2022/11/18/colorado-district-3-adam-frisch-concedes-lauren-boebert/

--------------------------

US House of Representatives:
Maine 2nd Congressional District:
Democrat Jared Golden won over Bruce Poliquin
after ranked-choice runoff.
https://www.mainepublic.org/politics/2022-11-16/jared-golden-prevails-over-bruce-poliquin-after-ranked-choice-runoff

--------------------------

Maine State Legislature:
Rachel Talbot Ross is set to become the first Black Speaker of the Maine House
https://www.mainepublic.org/politics/2022-11-17/rachel-talbot-ross-is-set-to-become-the-first-black-speaker-of-the-maine-house

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I cannot wait to see the inventive or creative Jack Smith memes, lol! 

Please register in order to view this content

And I would have to agree with Liz Cheney's recent comment she gave to (*clears throat and silently says*) Chuck Todd. I wish I could find the clip, but she basically said that if the DOJ doesn't find probable cause to indict Trump (with all the evidence the Jan 6th committee already has on the orange turd), then there's no hope for justice. Something along the lines of that. 

Edited by Noel

• Members

How would everyone on this thread feel ... about starting a new separate/parallel thread for Climate?

The new thread could be about Climate change, extreme weather, and the effects on humanity and nature around the world, socioeconomic impacts, social justice,  emigration/migration/immigration, and related political stuff.

(Suggest that that the new thread also be in the "Off Topic Lounge" section. Separate but parallel to the Politics thread and the Media/Journalism thread.)
Of course there would be overlap between the threads, and that's fine. But it seems like climate gets lost as a plank in political party maneuvering - even if some individual politicians sincerely care about it.  Political leaders have to balance a variety of issues in order to survive - that's simply how society is structured.

Perhaps a separate Climate thread would have participation from all the international members here at SON.  We could hear about what's happening with deserts and floods in many parts of the world. Etc.

What do you think?

( @Toups @Errol )

Edited by janea4old

• Members

@janea4oldPersonally, I think that is a good idea. I have thought about starting one but I often hesitate when making new threads and since that was on the older board design/setup, I wasn’t sure about how much space there was vs. other threads or how active it would be.
Like I said before though. I personally believe this to be a welcome addition.