Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think it's a mix of some fans who have passionate loyalty to him, people who have a persecution complex and are glad he's mainstreaming their own paranoias, and right wingers who are using him for one of the top goals (further dividing blacks and Jews). 

• Members

There's always going to be those people. Dave Chappelle is on tour with Chris Rock right now. If Bill Cosby was touring right now he'd be selling out (smallish) venues. Then there's Ice Cube who always shows up to suppress the Black male vote.

Every marginalized group has turncoats, sellouts and grifters. It doesn't help that contrarianism has turned into a pseudo religion among The Very Online.

• Members

Oh God, Ice Cube…forgot about him. Can we expect him to crawl out every election season, especially when a Black woman candidate is involved? Chappelle has already turned on Kanye as new material, as evidenced by his weird, overlong monologue for SNL (I admit seeing it on YouTube). 
It was also weird but unsurprising that all those corporations dug into developing a professional relationship with him after those comments, even though they eventually jumped ship after the antisemitic comments. 
The Very Online is an apt term, even diplomatic term to describe them. People who are always trying to provoke. I won’t mention the name that I give these people, lest I get a warning.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I noticed this today: Some soap twitter accounts that were taken down for soundtrack copyright strikes or video copyright strikes --  I saw today they were reinstated yesterday or today within a few hours of requesting reinstatement, which is nice but ...
I'd rather lose the soap twitter than have bigots and political liars reinstated.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

An interesting and well-written report of what's happening on the ground in Georgia. (gift link so no paywall)

https://wapo.st/3gF7ObT

This is the part I find most interesting...

“I am currently doing an internship out of state, and I didn’t receive my absentee ballot in time to vote for the midterms, which I was quite upset about,” said Katie Poe, a masters student. “I’m in town for the holidays, and voting this Saturday is my only chance to actually vote in person, and maybe vote at all reliably.”

“I’ve had a lot of trouble in the past with absentee voting. It’s kind of disheartening to only be able to vote when I’m here, because it’s so important to me, ” she added.

“I’m a college student in school in Boston, and this is pretty much my only opportunity to vote in person. So I had to get out and vote, it’s a long line, but we’re waiting as best we can,” said Catherine McBride, a senior in college from Cobb County visiting home for Thanksgiving.

------------------------

It's very clear that the GOP was banking on "losing" absentee ballots of people away at school but since they came home for Thanksgiving they were able to vote anyway. 

• Members

Oh, wow! Great article, and thank you for posting. 

Please register in order to view this content

I saw on the news this morning that A LOT registered voters in Georgia showed up to the polls to vote this past Saturday (11/26). 

Edited by Noel

• Members

That should be a very effective ad. Similar to what one of the people in the ad said, I was on the verge of laughing at the ridiculous things that Walker said until I thought about the dangers of having that sort of tomfoolery in public office. My urge to laugh immediately dissipated.