The Politics Thread

• Members

No question. It's still disappointing but Warnock won, bottom line. 4 elections in 2 years. He's a fighter and winner, along with the people who believed in him, worked hard for him, and voted for him.

And I am confident DeSantis will flame out. I remember all the great GOP hopes handed tons of cash and propped by the media, Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Scott Walker.  DeSantis cannot do retail politics which will sink him in Iowa and NH, that is if he even makes it to that point. He likely won't.

And I hope we're not crying for Ronna ROMNEY McDaniel. She's a loser and there is no example of cowardice more than the woman who dropped the use of the name Romney to placate an insecure sociopath.  Of course, what was her claim to fame. Like Megan McCain, it was her uncle that got her the job not her qualifications.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Stacey Abrams and LaTosha Brown really did lay the groundwork for these Democratic election victories of the last two years. This was several years in the making. Senator Warnock ran a great campaign. He tried to subtly yet pointedly illustrate the character flaws of his opponent and how that would directly impact Georgia without going fully negative. He really did the best that any human could do. As for the margin of victory, yes, it should have been wider but I think some people greatly underestimate just how huge NFL/NCAA football is in the South and Herschel Walker is a massive part of that legacy, even those who didn’t and refused to vote for him acknowledged that. Heisman Trophy and HOF, that’s like name recognition times 10!

Just try to appreciate Warnock’s win for all that it encompasses in the Senate.

• Members

As am I. DeSantis can't win nationally IMO with or without Trump, he's too repulsive policy-wise and uncharismatic. And if he tries to run Trump will shiv him for the entire cycle and ride him into the sea like Ahab. He's another Rubio or Youngkin for the Beltway, another 'charismatic, sensible man's man Republican' illusion they'll be crushed to lose. Wherever the GOP looks for a candidate right now their options are doom.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I was definitely rooting for Stacey because of all the groundwork I observed her doing so I am happy for this, making me think of my old civics classes and hoping this restores some form of checks and balances to get some things done.

As a former native of Arkansas, I can vouch for how huge NFL/NCAA can be and its influences. Or even fictional shows on sports that are based in the South.

Oh, I appreciate it. No doubt. 

• Members

If you have ever lived in NYC, you know that rats are a serious problem. People have higher expectations for their mayor than they would any garden variety quality of life in the city advocate, especially when their mayor is so gung-ho about ‘cleaning up the streets and subways’. Well, as someone who has personally seen rats surfing the subway system and exiting the stations as if they are regular paying straphangers, it is a big problem. 

When I lived there, the Manhattan borough President had been fined $100 because the lid of a coffee cup had been found on her front lawn. 1 single lid. If she was fined , Adams should face a bigger fine for housing rats, especially when his administration clearly hasn’t found enough housing for New Yorkers in need of housing.

• Members

Oh, absolutely. I marveled at all the shade and McConnell and McCarthy with their looks of embarrasment. Hell, even I was doing the biggest eyeroll when they spoke. Let's not forget the officer of color who diverted the poop wall-smearing mob hicks in the opposite direction. F*ckwads.

• Members

Meanwhile, "No Labels" has always been a Republican front operation trying (and largely failing) to launder itself into the Democratic Party. And it hired Mark Halperin some time ago (among the few who will, as he is currently stranded on Newsmax IIRC):

• Members

I knew it. I knew she'd do this [!@#$%^&*]. This is why I would get mad when people would say Georgia didn't matter because Democrats had the majority. She's completely selfish and untrustworthy to the core. If Warnock had lost I think she would have switched to the GOP.