The Politics Thread

• Members

You weren’t the only one who thought this could happen. Just more of her trying to squeeze what little leverage she might muster. JMO but I doubt it will go the way she wants or expects. She doesn’t have the experience or ‘miles under her belt’ of a Joe Lieberman and I haven’t seen what allies she has managed to scrounge up. She didn’t even begin her Senate career with much goodwill. We’ll see how this goes.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I actually don’t think she’s that smart. John McCain with his pedigree somehow got the reputation of bring a mavericks(he wasn’t), but even with that he never left the GOP, He certainly had a lot more credibility than she does and I think his constituents respected him.

And all these folks saying most independents are dems are FOS. Sienna has no ideology except bring a sellout 

• Members

She's a sociopath, but that's fine. We have the seats we need to hold the line.

I'm not scared of Sinema. I think she has profoundly underestimated how much AZ Dems hate her. Nor do I agree that she is 'level headed and brilliant'.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Hopefully House Democrats are acting with some sense of urgency. I feel as if I hear more about what Democrats in the Senate want to achieve but not the House Democrats, which could be a function of a lack of thorough reporting of what’s happening on Capitol Hill. DACA seems to only get mentioned when someone makes a threat to take it away.

• Members

Apparently, Bout had been scheduled for release in 2029, he wasn’t given the maximum sentence due to a lack of evidence.

As much as I despise Tulsi Gabbard, at least she had the one iota of awareness that her political capital as a ‘public servant’ had waned and sought to exit. She’ll end up going the way of Sarah Palin, as a novelty for Fox News Channel for however long they choose to tolerate her and she’s got about as much political influence as Sinema these days.

• Members

If race was not an issue, the culture would be thrilled at the idea of a thawing of the diplomatic relationship with Russia that could be used to solve the crisis in Ukraine, rather than arguing if other prisoners were more worthy of freedom.

We have elevated the voices of the fringes of our society to the point where it feels like everything is subject to debate.  When in reality those are the opinions of a very small, racial charged, minority who fear that any opportunity given to a lesbian woman of color (even being released from a forced labor camp) alters the focus away from their agenda.

• Members

While comparing torture is grotesque, I also think most Americans are prone to be neglectful of what it would be like to be a person of color in a Russian prison as opposed to a white man.  Our country is so accustomed to the idea that 40% of prisoners are black, they we may forget how rare that would be in Russia, and how much race, gender, and sexuality would effect their treatment.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I see Kyrsten Sinema is still an opportunistic attention wh0re. Her defection from the Democratic Party is probably the only honest thing she has done.

But this isn't about free thinking, but "who will kiss my ass/line my pockets the most?!" for her...