The Politics Thread

• Members

Also, to tie the higher amount of forgiveness to Pell grants, which was directly taken from VP Kamala Harris’ presidential campaign, is a great idea which targets lower income borrowers, many Black borrowers who have loan packages under Pell grants. My financial aid package was a mix of scholarships, Pell grant and a loan as an undergraduate student who was considered a low-income student. 

I also can’t understand why people are squawking about this in a world of college admission bribery scandals, 1 Trillion dollars tax breaks laws for wealthy people and PPP loan forgiveness going to mega church televangelist and the Catholic Church. 

The issue of college (un)affordability still remains to be tackled. I haven’t read too much about that, but there was mention of Biden having proposals for that too. Congress should feel free to tackle this issue as many have expressed concern about not addressing the root causes of the student loan crisis, which is the alarming cost of higher education.

Also, has MTG done anything in her capacity as a Congresswoman for anyone but herself?

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Blake  Masters, another of Peter Thiel's golden boys, is a very proud zealot for extremist causes. It tells you how shaken up various arms of the party are over the NY-19 election result that he is now playing this delete and hide game. Luckily for him the corporate press will not care.

• Members

Good! I paid my student loan ages ago, but I don't mind other people getting help. Tuition wasn't quite as crazy during the GenX days. I really feel that younger people need this help or they aren't going to have decent, normal lives.

And please lord let this be true.