Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't know if this belongs here, but in the UK, the Queen is under "medical supervision." This was announced officially, and formally, to parliament this morning, which suggests the seriousness of the situation. Charles, Anne, William, the Wessexes, the Sussexes, etc., are travelling to Scotland.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2022/sep/08/queen-elizabeth-ii-health-royals-medical-observation-latest-news-live-updates#top-of-blog

• Members

LMAO! I would have left off the "double-dog dare" reply as I haven't heard that term in forever, but this is Rick Wilson's reply on Twitter when the orange orangutan posted on Truth Social that he was going to sue The Lincoln Project:

Here's The Lincoln Project ad that the orange orangutan is pissed about:

• Members

Sure enough wagons are already circling in the replies, blaming anti-Semitism. New York politicians are too scared to address these issues because they see Hasidic Jews as a key voting bloc. I remember a lot of talk about all the enabling from Bill de Blasio.

I'm not sure how much stock I put in this as the polls are already inching back their way and the media is constantly working for a landslide, but it's still interesting to see the desperate spin (especially after a year or more of the smart set insisting all Republicans needed to run on was gas prices and inflation):

• Members

Hope not, but there are a LOT of dumb voters out there.

On another note, Malignant Mango is in DC...and quiet about it. Some are speculating on Twitter he is going to Walter Reed.

As someone said there, if a colonoscopy is involved, I hope it doesn't poke the many GQP heads up his fat ass in their eye in the process...

If NOT Walter Reed, people are still guessing.

• Members

I mean, are we surprised about all that with Hasidic schools? I can't tell you how many former Hasidic Jews I've known in my life who made it to adulthood and basically knew nothing outside of the Talmud and could only speak Yiddish. It's bad. I attended Hebrew school growing up and every once in a while there'd be a former Hasidic kid whose family had left and again, they basically had no education or knowledge of anything. I don't want to disparage other Jewish people and how they chose to live and practice but I think we can all agree there are some severe issues with Hasidic Judaism that needs to be addressed.

• Members

If the GOP cannot talk about inflation, then I guess they'll have to induce some more fear-mongering like magical caravans that are suddently coming towards the border. Perhaps Senator Ted Cruz can show the American people the evidence like an old T-shirt that was snagged by the limbs of a tree along the river.

• Members

Lindsey Graham is now trying to push through an abortion ban, framed as "late term trying to stop fetal pain" or whatever the hell the jargon is. The media is already helping him whitewash. I wonder how the GOP feels about this being such news overshadowing their latest tantruming over inflation.

• Members

It's like Lindsey wants them to stay in the minority. The WH and Dems have wisely pounced.

The Beltway would love to find a way to nuance this because they don't want to admit that their good friends in the GOP or who their families vote for would actually do this for real, but it's not going to fly. This is the line that will be taken and that's why McConnell is already starting to distance himself.

Edited by Vee