Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A fascinating thread about Biden taking China on. This is what can be accomplished when people government are focused on making government work for the people and not there to build their brand, enrich themselves personally, or turn the country into a Christofascist hellscape.

• Members

This is why I despair of the polls saying Republicans are gaining because of anxiety over the economy. I know the media is in the GOP's corner, 100%, but I still wish more people could just see the reality of what is going to happen. They're telling us everything. It's moments like these when you are reminded of why people give up on politics.

• Members

I don't believe the polls. I hear abortion is not a big issue anymore but I have been engaged in deep canvassing the past 2 months - by phone and in person in Wisconsin. I can guarantee you this is not the case. We have been focusing on independent and suburban republican women. That is not the case. I've also been doing voter registration and women are outregistering men 2 to 1. Do we really beleive this is because of inflation?

I know people here know it but stop listening to the Beltway media and work. I am no fan of Michael Moores by any means but he is right. We are more than they are. So get out and help. You can goto Indivisible and register to help deep canvass by phone. And you are not calling die hards you are calling people who claim to be independents. And surprisingly most I have talked to are when it comes to abortion and you might be shocked at how many women are outraged. the media is run by white men. So of course the narrative is going to parrot their own priorities and what they think. If anything it's shaken people to disbelief. I had one GOP suburban voter tell me "even the main stream media lies to us".  She was talking about how abortion is not important.

It's not to say inflation is not an issue but I can tell you from those I talked to nothing compares to taking rights away. NOTHING. So volunteer, call and door knock if you can.

The media has been wrong for how many years. Stop listening and start working, if you can. Although listening just confirms their continued bias.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

I believe most of the polls. I think whatever happens will be tight - I think it's likely we keep the Senate, and possible the House margin of loss is fairly tight. But there's also a question of what you poll for and how many.

• Members

I hear you but I choose to ignore all of them. I don't think the Sienna poll was viable due to the small sample size PLUS the swing of independent women in a month from +14 for democrats to +18 for the GOP. That's just not believable. Plus having done deep canvassing I have talked to lots of independents and GOP suburban women and the idea that abortion is not a key issue is *orseshit.  Plus we all know the media is hooked on the GOP. 

And I can't trust the media one bit as they ignore the fact the GOP is threatening to kill the world economy if they take the house. The press has covered it but I have read enough social media to know that the news networks, cable and non cable, have ignored it. For that reason I can't take any of this hyperventilating seriously. Am I scared - yep - will any of this discourage me as it's designed to - hell no. And there are a lot of people that feel the same way.