Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A claim from Cori Bush that she was nearly forced by doctors to have an abortion is going viral among the right wing. While I am in no position to argue that black women are not treated horribly by the medical profession, I had no idea just how long a history Bush has of questionable claims:

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Your welcome. Originally, I had read the article on the Seattle Times website but noticed there were no audio links, which sent me searching on Twitter. You don’t have to login, just type in twitter(dot)com/explore, copy and paste the title of the article in the search bar and scroll for a gift link. Sometimes you find one, sometimes not but for the most popular headlines, there are usually subscribers posting gift links.

How did PA end up with two such horrid candidates? They need to choose better.

No doubt, they are trying to drown out the story of their favored GA Senate candidate Hershel Walker and his desire to get an ex-girlfriend two abortions in two years, despite his claims of being rigidly anti-abortion.

• Members

They are using examples of Cori Bush as if she is politically representative of Democrat/Black Democratic women when she is not. Lauren Underwood would be more accurate an example of the vast majority of Democrats who are Black women, pragmatic and about getting the work done. I can’t and won’t speak to Bush’s situation but I will say that this is not the “own” or “gotcha” that right-wingers might believe it is.

• Members

January 6 Committee hearing to be Thurs Oct 13 at 1pm Eastern.  This was announced last week, but there has been little publicity.
Speculation that they might show excerpts from a filmmaker's raw footage about Roger Stone.
Speculation that recordings of Ginni Thomas's recent testimony to the committee may or may not be shown.

So far only NBC, MSNBC, C-SPAN, and PBS have announced they will air it live.

CBSnews and ABCnews announced last week the date and time of the hearing -- but they mostly just repeated the AP news report, the CNN report, or the MSNBC report.

There has been nothing (yet) confirming that CBS and ABC will air it live. I hope they do.  I don't care if the soaps are preempted.  The hearing should air.

Edited by janea4old