Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

My grandmother took insulin for years. I remember visiting and she would be putting an insulin in her arm. It was something she had to do to regulate her blood sugar levels. Now my uncle uses insulin as well. The cost for it is outrageous. 

• Members

I am wary about the optics of this (although the GOP was going to use these powers for their own vendettas no matter what) and how much this will juice up GOP turnout in November and unite the GOP even further behind this increasingly debilitated despot, but I also know if they were ever going to find anything this may be the last chance to do it. I just hope they do find what they are looking for. I also hope this wakes up the last few hangers-on of Andrew Cuomo and Andrew Yang, who are showing yet again they care about power and their god complexes above all else.

Meanwhile, one of the right wing Republicans who always voted party with one exception  (the impeachment) has lost to a man with deep ties to extremist groups:

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-donald-trump-campaigns-race-and-ethnicity-be616cae0967ca6ee9c78ac1efee8e31

If you are wondering who the Beltway pundits will blame, you don't have to guess for long:

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I often criticize Dave Wasserman (and Amy Walter) for their need to shape races to Beltway narratives and desires, but if you need a brief pick-me-up, he had a series of tweets yesterday about a special election in Minnesota and how the Democratic performance (he lost by about 4 points - 6 points more than Biden got in 2020 and about the same as the Democratic candidate in 2020) might suggest there won't be as big a GOP wave this November for the House as had been expected a few months ago.