The Politics Thread

• Members

I'm aware that there isn't really much of anything Pelosi or the House can do, and I'm also aware that if she did try to do something, many would just say it's theater, but the knowledge - and this was with me all throughout yesterday too - that nothing will ever happen about this increasing danger (which will be there long past Trump as it was there before him) beyond some speeches makes it hard to not just give in fully to despair. 

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I wish I cared what Mark Zuckerberg thought. Too little too late. Same for Instagram and Twitter.  But I guess it's better than nothing.

I am actually furious congress is not returning until the 19th. This is appalling. He needs to be removed from office I don't care how. It just proves again that no matter what, these people are never held accountable.

On a side note I hope everyone here is ok along with your family. I read your post yesterday @vee about your mom and I pray she doesn't lose hope or her fire. 

My mom is suffering from dementia and this past year has been tough as is has for so many others, but she has the support of a good retirement home, my brother who lives with her there, and wonderful caregivers. But I think she would he horrified to see what is happening after the years of struggle she and my father both went through in their younger years - all to give their children a better life.

• Members

Y'all were saying? "Nothing will happen?"

Just because Mitch McConnell says something doesn't make it true and time to despair. He said they wouldn't finish legislation on a COVID bill until 2021 a few weeks before they did it, too. They will be back in session for this.

Edited by Vee

• Members

delete

AOC is very clearly coming for the Leader spot, but she's also absolutely right here. Both for his own political future and for the good of the country, Schumer should head her off as best he can here and do this. Both Cruz and Hawley (among others, tbh) need to be expelled.

Edited by Vee