Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The image of Matt Gaetz in a gas mask, mocking COVID, even as people in his own district were catching it, is one of the most disgusting I've ever seen from a politician. He's just the bottom of the barrel. He's also a fat drunk, so he won't be getting over those complications for a while. 

I knew it would be close (not as close as it could have been, thankfully), but a win is a win. I think he was one of the only Democrats, if not the only one, who could have won against such a unique cult figure as Trump. He and his campaign people, and Kamala Harris, deserve a lot of credit for this, above all else for not losing focus and not panicking.

There's a lot of "what about downballot, it was supposed to be about downballot," and there are many conversations to be had there about polling, about poor management and strategic decisions, but truthfully, I think most of those districts were likely to flip anyway because of Trump being on the ballot, but I'm not surprised this has led to such huge open infighting. As I see AOC on Twitter ranting about the Lincoln Project (which is full of a number of untrustworthy people mostly just using this year as a means to an end, but, based on Trump's slump in support among white men, they did play a key part in the final outcome), I have to wonder how much the more vocal members of "The Squad" know their time of relevance is near an end. 

There is plenty of pain ahead, but I'm just trying to take the day to be happy about what so many managed to accomplish, and what seemed impossible for much of the last 4 years. And I know so many of you here sacrificed your time, money and health to help make this happen. Thank you. We made it through (with two months of horror to go...). Now if only we can find some path forward to save ourselves from the hatemongers, sociopaths and grifters all around us. 

• Members

Yeah. 2020 has been [!@#$%^&*]. There's finally, as you said, a ray of sunshine. Some hope. Of course the Senate will probably be a problem, of course. But who knows? I'll take it as it comes. I'm so happy to be rid of that monster in the White House.