The Politics Thread

• Members

Voter fraud!

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/11/fbi_jeff_flake_robocalls.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

Meanwhile, Linda McMahon, WWF queen and two time Senate candidate, is pushing for the Obama vote. Remember when moderate hero Romney was supposed to be competitive in New England?

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/conn-gop-chair-on-mcmahon-doorhangers-some-republicans?ref=fpblg

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Supposedly, she's only doing that in black neighborhoods. This woman will say anything to get elected.

She'll probably lose again on Tuesday and she will have spent something like $90 million dollars on her two unsuccessful senate races!

• Members

Scary. I find it funny when Republicans say so many democrats just vote blindly without any real grasp of the issues. When these Romney supporters are so strong in their support yet can't name a single thing Romney stands for. And then there is the crazy lady in the pink shirt who says Obama is a Muslim Atheist.

• Members

So you'll be basking baking in 92 degrees of Autumn weather.

Analysts are great at not really analyzing. They're pointing out that Barack Obama has been met with smaller rally crowds than the masses of 2008. He must have been like a shiny new toy back in 2008 so why expect the same level of enthusiasm four years later? They ought to make the comparison to not so shiny but still kind of new Mitt Romney's rallies.

I'm having trouble with their dead heat polls. IA with anyone saying this is for some sort of dramatic effect and they have until about 7 or 8 p.m. Eastern to drag this out.

This morning on the only news radio station I can get, the political editor interviewed someone from Politico who was in Ohio covering the election. The guy tells him that Barack Obama's people are confident blah blah and the editor lets him know that Mitt Romney's people are just as confident. The Politico guy then mentions that Barack Obama has 70 overstaffed offices and when he checked on Mitt Romney's two, they were both closed. I guess they haven't caught up in the ground game.

• Members

I've asked that question many a time. Heck I even asked it here and no answer. In fact I want the Romney supporters to tell me why more tax cuts for the wealthy are the answer or cutting more federal programs when Bushs tax cuts are still in place. The wealthy have more cash, businesses are now cash heavy and have been for a while. So why is it more tax cuts are the answer if those that are being targeted for more have done nothing with the money they have gained the last 4 to 6 years.

• Members

It was HOT out there today! We were in Chino at the air museum there and it was ridiculously warm... I'd even say hot, and I know hot living in the Southern San Joaquin Valley! 92... wow! It was a little windy and was wondering if it was the fabled Santa Ana winds causing the warm conditions?!

• Members

Sandy is just the rationale for another crushing Republican defeat for some in the Beltway press circle that refuse to believe Democrats can win on values, strength, issues and popularity. Obama was up well before that, and I think most people know that.

In other news, 10-year-old Sophia Bailey Klugh wrote to the President for advice on how to deal with people teasing her at school about her two dads. The President responded.

The original letter, which is adorable, should be linked in turn at the link.

Edited by Vee