Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't believe this for a second....especially the "high for Romney" part. People in his party cannot even stand him and they're tolerating him because they want to beat Barack Obama so that doesn't speak to any high enthusiasm for Mitt Romney.

I don't know about either one of these statements unless you mean those special Republican Independents who are masquerading as Independent for whatever reason. Suzy Homemaker women are probably okay with Mitt Romney but any woman who believes she should get paid the same for doing the same job as a man would be stupid to support Mitt Romney. I don't believe any poll that shows him with an advantage or equal to. If you want to use the oversampling argument for other things then here's another area in which oversampling should be applied.

Seriously. Mitt Romney asking people to vote early for him so they can influence the media's narrative is the sign of a really confident man on offense. Next, I'd like to hear how the lying Jeep ad shows confidence that he's going to run away with Ohio and doesn't need Jon Husted to invalidate provisional ballots for him. Oh and let's not forget that desperate ad he's running in Florida in which he speaks in Spanish and connects Barack Obama to Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez. That is the sign of a man on offense alright. Don't let the truth get in the way of a really huge lie.

You pretty much remind me of why I loathe partisan politics and don't wish to be associated with either party--the Republicans more so than the Democrats. Mainly because I find the Republicans to be more offensive and less conciliatory. I heard two people from the same state yesterday take opposing positions on candidates based on their own personal situations. The one who was thriving in her business said she was voting for Barack Obama, the other who was not said she voted for Mitt Romney because he's a good businessman. I feel sorry for everyone who relies on Mitt Romney as a good businessman. A lot of them don't understand how much cheap labor plays a part in the success of certain good businessmen and that the U.S. is not a good source of cheap labor so the idea that his business expertise is going to automatically translate to jobs for Americans is a fantasy.

The economy was bad under George Bush and was bad again under his son George Bush but Republicans don't admit to that do they? Democrats are more willing to own up to their failures than Republicans who can only see what bad things Democrats do. Apparently the only thing that happened in Libya was the embassy murders. Anyone else that knows anything about Libya will also know that the Gadaffi is gone as well. They will also know that there have been successes as well.

"Sandy happened" does that mean Barack Obama caused a hurricane? I don't even get that reference because so far he seems to have done his best to help, at least according to Chris Christie.

A poor debate performance is a reason to get rid of a President but it's okay to elect a man with foot in mouth disease to go out and speak with foreign leaders? This is the part where I swear I'm convinced I landed in an episode of the "Twilight Zone" and logic is something other than it truly is.

• Members

Brian, your'e negating the Mormon factor. It's his achilles heel. 95 percent of all conservative christians consider Mormonism to be a cult, and that opinion is not to be undervalued. There are ones that vote the straight abortion ticket and don't care baout ANYTHING else. But those aren't a high percentage.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

This crap about sampling is a completely non-factor, yet the right-wing loves to push it, because they need a reason to dismiss the polls and because they are completely crazy with fear that Romney could lose.

Party ID is fluid, which means polls should not weighted by it and are not weighted by it (except the ultra-Republican Rasmussen, which gives 2% weighting to Republicans in their polls). A whole lot of extremist Republican who don't believe the Republican Party is far right enough have switched to independent, which makes the sample of independents fairly right leaning. Not all independents are swing voters and they certainly aren't all moderates. A different set of independents tends to show up every election.

Plus, the state polls are consistent with a +2% Obama lead nationally. At this point, Obama is in the driver's seat.

• Members

The presidential election isn't decided by a national popular vote. Most swing state polls show Obama leading. I have no doubt Romney will win more votes than McCain did and his margin of victory will be astronomical in the deep south, but that doesn't really matter. It all goes back to who can win Ohio, Colorado, Virginia, Iowa, New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Florida, and Nevada. And Obama is leading in all or tied.

• Members

Seriously, that is a Republican group think cra-cray that there is just no breaking through. Two days before the election and they are STILL deluding themselves that the polls and the early voting stats are wrong. I cannot wait to see all their deluded crazy lying heads explode on Tuesday night. I will never forget the look on Karl Rove's face when Ohio went for Obama or Scarborough's horror at Obama's victory and how he left the set before the end of the show.

I missed this. Hopefully, it will be posted online somewhere. ETA: I just found it on CBS's site. It was okay, but we got the typical journalistic cop out at the end, "only time will tell." RME.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I'm not disappointed . You just reminded me but c'est la vie.

I'm lost....what's TB? I'm thinking you meant TP as in Tea Party but maybe you're talking about something else.

I found that Billy Graham endorsement suspect. Up until then his website referred to the Mormon religion as a cult. The Grahams must be saying that their hatred of Barack Obama outweighs their need to be true to their belief which renders their faith useless, if it can be swayed over politics.

I'm not into the poll thing at all and the fact that Pew had Mitt Romney and Barack Obama even with women a few weeks ago and now they say Barack Obama has a 13 point edge is a great example. I didn't believe that Mitt Romney had an edge or broke even with women at any point.

The confident candidate uses Donald Trump for robo calls and the one running scared sends Joe Biden out to tell Chris Matthews he thinks they are going to win but bring your mother and everyone else out to vote anyway.

I like how Chuck Todd tried to cover his bases....you see the polls are still ever so close so can't really say who is going to win but if he were to pick who has a wee bit of momentum then it would be the President.

The attacks on Chris Christie for complimenting Barack Obama are ridiculous.

• Members

It's always "a thin margin" or "eked out" when it's a Democrat.

Obama trounced McCain and he's about to trounce Mitt but the DC press has refused to ever admit that a Democrat could possibly have a substantial lead, a mandate or a landslide. That's fine. Wait and see.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Now the NY Times has an article saying that the mainstream media (including the AP) plans to be cautious. They doubt that they can call the race by 11:00 p.m. on Tuesday because the swing states are expected to be close. RME. What losers! They are just trying to string out the election so they can keep the suspense going and ratings higher. Thank goodness for all the political and election blogs and Web sites.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Y'all forget that in the age of twitter and facebook the media cannot unilaterally draw this out. Sure they did in the past month or so but on Tuesday they cannot. What I see, as a Democrat, is cautious Democrats who have been put through the ringer and have learned to expect the Democratic Party to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Members

I have to say it would be sweet revenge for 2000 if Obama lost the popular vote and won the Electoral vote. Then you will hear for calls to get rid of the Electoral college.. and the democrats can stick their tongues out when it bites the Republicans in the butt.

Edited by alphanguy74