Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I get really fuckin' annoyed when the Morning Joe crew mocks Howard Dean for talking about ongoing voter suppression and poll [!@#$%^&*]-ups in Ohio. "Oh, you're setting that up." It is happening on the ground, and it happened before. I don't think it'll be anywhere near enough to stop Obama from taking the state, but it infuriates me when these people pretend like this is some crazy fringe issue.

They need it to be to avoid having to ask real questions and take an honest look at the Republican Party beyond all this ancient "hail fellow well met" [!@#$%^&*] that only exists in their fantasy bubble. They sit in a heated studio with hot coffee and designer clothes while real Americans sit in the cold and wait for one or two blinkered machines or deal with voter intimidation. It's real easy to pretend the rest of the world is just like you and your 'bipartisan' cocktail parties when you refuse to actually deal with anything that might ruffle your beautiful minds.

They also were whining and bitching about Nate Silver this morning, whose honest analysis will put them all out of a job over time. Pimping some editorial by a Bush speechwriter about how Silver's "cold, sterile" analysis discounted character, voters' feelings and "the issues." Because as we know, these morning pundits are such fans of discussing the issues.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I turned on MSNBC at 7 a.m. my time and was annoyed to see that special election special meant more Joe and Mika. I missed whatever Newt Gingrich said but Mike Barnicle expressed some dismay that he was unable to question him about some comment he made. I got the impression that he believed Newt Gingrich had made some false comparison of the response to Hurricane Katrina to Hurricane Sandy.

According to them Mitt Romney knows he's going to win because their numbers tell them so. I don't get why Mitt Romney is on the trail today.

• Members

So i'm flipping through channels and i can't remember which station I saw Guilani say the response to Sandy in NY, specifically Staten island, has been abominable and likened it to Katrina. Then pundits chimed in and said it's a double standard because when Katrina hit everyone blamed Bush for the lack of relief efforts and now the media is turning a blind eye because they want Obama to win. It was even suggested that Bloomberg is taking the blame because he also wants Obama to win. All these conspiracy theories... And MSNBC is still saying it's too close to call and we may not know the results until tomorrow.

The lines to vote here in Maryland have been insane. MSNBC is reporting in other states people are waiting as long as eight hours to vote and some are leaving. I really hope there's no overwhelming fuckery nationally.

• Members

Why does Rudy still get any airtime? Biden punctured the air out of those tires four years ago and it's not coming back, ever. I don't remember him caring when Katrina happened - was it because most of the people involved weren't white and Republican?

• Members

Anyone want to predict the result of the close Senate races?

My guesses:

ND - Berg ® Heitkamp (D) - Heitkamp

MT- Tester (D) Rehberg ® - Rehberg

NV - Heller ® Berkley (D) - Heller

OH - Brown (D) Mandel ® - Mandel

AZ (if this is still close) - Flake ® Carmona (D) - Flake

PA (if this is still close) - Casey (D) Smith ® - Casey

CT - McMahon ® Murphy (D) - Murphy

WI - Baldwin (D) Thompson ® - Thompson

MO - McCaskill (D) Akin ® - Akin

IN - Mourdock ® Donnelly (D) - Donnelly

NE (if this is still close) Fisher ® Kerrey (D) - Fischer

If I've forgotten any, let me know.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Senate races are sometimes hard to guess. I think Dems will win enough to keep control of Senate though. The two close ones two I hope win the most are Sherrod Brown of Ohio and Jon Tester of Montana. I've met both and really great senators. I'd be sad if either lost and it looks like Tester could loose. sad.png

• Members

Between the year and Rehberg being around so long (in the House) I'll be a little surprised if Tester pulls through. I know Heitkamp probably won't win ND either but I keep hearing about how absolutely terrible and unpopular Rick Berg is, and she's been a part of ND's political landscape for a long time.

I hope Brown wins too. He's very gutsy even when he knows he'll pay a big price for it. He's been a headache for the schizo Ohio GOP for many years. Mandel is just a brat in a suit who didn't even pretend to take his treasurer job seriously and clearly believes he will win because he's the awesome. $30 million wasted on this brat. I wonder how much Rove and friends will regret not choosing a better candidate if he falters.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Brown is more popular in Ohio than Obama is, so even if Obama looses Ohio, Brown could still pull out the win. Brown's like 6 points ahead Mandel. I agree that Mandel was a terrible candidate for the Ohio GOP to choose.

The only race I'd ad to your list in the Virginia one. Not sure how close it still is, but Kaine should pull out the win over George Allen.