The Politics Thread

• Members

I think I've just heard the dumbest thing that I'm likely to hear all day on MSNBC but I could be wrong. One of their analysts is in Wisconsin and he said that Paul Ryan put Wisconsin in play. If I'm not mistaken, Paul Ryan has been on the ticket for months and he represents Wisconsin in Congress so how is it just recently in play when he should have made more of an impact ages ago. I can't believe these people are paid to bring us "information" that we can concoct all on our own.

As for the whole comparison of Staten Island to New Orleans, if they cared enough to try to make a case they'd speak of Rockaway which has gone under the radar. The people on Staten Island who complained last week claimed that they were being overlooked because they were a blue collar neighborhood and the media attention brought them some results. One of the main problems with that type of crisis is that a number of people expect to be helped instantly and it doesn't take long to run out of patience and/or to think that they aren't being seen as a priority.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Wisconsin has always been a polarized state, competitive in every election. If anything Ryan's failure to put the state away shows how much of a mistake it was to choose him. He's brought nothing to the ticket, other than appeasement to a base that should have been locked up already.