Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Watching CSPAN and Pete Sessions, who looks like an Auton, is up there crowing with John Boehner. Their keeping the House had very little to do with anything on their part - Sessions failed badly in past years, and Boehner has been a disaster. Don't be shocked if Boehner is booted from the Speaker's role.

Boehner also sounds drunk off his ass.

• Members

Congrats to my Democratic friends here... It's clear Romney won't be able to pull this out but it was a close race!

One thing is for sure... the next four years will be very telling for America and for Barack Obama's agenda. We'll see if it plays out as you all wish... Here's hoping America will remain strong!

• Members

Apparently Fox News has declared Tammy Baldwin winning in Wisconsin. If it's actually true this time, that's amazing - I thought it would be a long time before an openly gay person would be elected to the Senate. And from Wisconsin, which is a highly polarized, in some places, deeply conservative state. Unbelievable.

• Members

I really did think that McCaskill would lose, in spite of Akin's odious candidacy - she has been written off for dead for most of her term, and Missouri has so many conservative pockets.

Akin was just way too openly focused on his social crusades. Even at the end he was going on about how Larry Flynt supported McCaskill, and one of Akin's supporters said at least it wasn't Michael J. Fox again. What a great campaign strategy.

So do you think the media will talk about how it's not the best idea to go around talking about how rape and rape by pregnancy are no big deal?

• Members

I am seeing a landslide for the President. I love the all the women have fought back against these women-hating men and won.

Kudos to Nate Silver. The pundits who hated on him can stick it where the sun does not shine.

Edited by Ann_SS