Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm still not entirely sure of Biden's campaign (if even a strong campaign could stop what often feels like an inevitable press and public coronation of a shockingly decayed Trump), but I am glad they have avoided media whore Chris Christie, who continues to be bitter and sour over his many failed dreams.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/chris-christie-biden-trump-comments-rcna149533

• Members

You're giving the press and media power they no longer have.  And I give more credit to on the ground operatives then people whose time is passing them by.  The WH Correspondents dinner was a joke(it has been in more recent years) but this year felt more like a death nell.  And I'm sorry I know the polling has improved for Biden, I have no faith in any of it. It's been wrong since 2016. And I really hope we're not talking about that skewed CNN poll showing more women voting for Trump. I can believe white women but not women. No fricking way.

• Members

Unfortunately, I've seen a lot of bad polls again lately, but I agree I don't know how much weight they have. I suppose these days everything is vibes-based. Biden is certainly in a tougher mood than he was last year, which I appreciate, but vibes-wise so many seem to have already shifted to Trump coming back in, to the point where you have various world leaders traipsing to Maralago like he's already in office. I hope there's some slim chance.

Those press dinners should have stayed gone after COVID shut them down. I don't think they have any real importance, but seeing people throw themselves on the ground for their beloved Hamas to agonize over Colin Jost's embalmed jokes just remind me how much the worst of this country blots out any discussion or common sense. 

• Members

I follow Tom Bonier and Simon Rosenburg and there have been 2 polls in the last few days that have not been good. Bonier explained why these were outliers.  Most of the other polls have had Biden up.  The CBS poll is up and that came out today which was more in line with others but I don't trust the polling. And you do know the media doesn't report the polls where Biden is up. I don't buy they all want Trump in. I do buy that they are stuck on the horserace and want to make people believe it.  

• Members

I follow Bouzy on Spoutible and yes, his insights are valuable and his predictions have come to fruition so far.

@JaneAusten Florida seems iffy but talking to my dad, a Fl resident, he thinks, if anything could possibly swing Florida, it would be the abortion rights issue. But yeah, that is a swing for the fences. Then again, so was Georgia a few years ago.

• Members

Georgia had organizers. The last time I looked the Florida democratic party was still a mess.  But I do think the media is overestimating Trump.  He's underperformed in primaries and you can't blame everything on democrats voting in republican primaries for Haley when some of these primaries have been closed.

• Members

I'll believe Florida (or Texas) when it happens. But I do think that yes, as always the media is oversampling the Republican, especially Trump. They need this to be a horse race and they're depressed by the thought that it isn't. It won't be a layup like 2012 was with Romney - I knew he wouldn't win, ever - but it is not what they want it to be.

• Members

Once upon a time I might have had more of a belief that these protests are coming from a genuine place, but so many of the loudest voices are just using them to preach nihilism and to help Trump, and in cases like this have a record (beyond this apparent Assad tweet they also seem to have a tweet supporting Tara Reade).

There are some on the right who don't like Trump, but they go along because it is ultimately good for their common goal. The left is never that unified, because many of them get more money and power if Trump wins, or believe they will, anyway, along with the smug pride in owning the libs. They don't care about anyone in Palestine, or anyone but themselves. And they are the ones who seem to have the real say in the direction of many left wing voters.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Gift link:

Law Firm Defending Trump Seeks to Withdraw From a Long-Running Case

The Plaintiff’s response to the request:

Please register in order to view this content

While, personally imo, the optics of last night didn’t look good, that is on the administrators of the university, including the university’s president. Brown University handled their student protest encampment differently from Columbia and got a different result.