The Politics Thread

• Members

As I get older I try very hard to not put bad energy out there when people pass away, unless they are truly the scum of the earth, so I am going to just keep many of my thoughts on Lieberman to myself and say I wish his family grace and strength. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

All I really know about RFK Jr. is that he thinks vaccines cause autism, that wi-fi gives you cancer, and that the way to the WH is to let people record you pumping iron with no shirt on.

• Members
Posted (edited)

No tweets rn, but I'd just like say the ground game in Michigan and elsewhere looks impressive for Biden. Trump seems underfunded.

I would recommend checking out Simon Rosenberg's feed. Elite media pooh-poohed him last time and openly mocked him for not buying the red wave, but he's been right and he has a lot to say about current trends for this cycle.

Edited by Vee

• Members

And he didn't have to strip down to his jeans, pump iron or pick a Hallmark Mystery movie heroine as his running mate to get there.*

(*Although, if I'm being candid, Kamala Harris occasionally reminds me of a supporting character in one of their Christmas movies.  You know, the one that's always reminding Candace Danica Lacey how important the office Christmas party is to the company?)

• Members

This is at a black conservative group by Byron Donalds, who might be Trump's VP (if you look at his record you'll see how much they have in common). Rarely have Trump's reasons for running, and the bigotry that has fueled so much of his life, been on such plain display. Luckily for him the media will ignore and fawn.

• Members

Democratic state senator @EvaBurchAZ announced on a floor speech that she needs an abortion. She shared her story and gave remarks about how cruel Arizona’s laws are to women.

CNN aired a short clip, but it’s important for folks to hear all of her remarks. Please take the time & consider sharing.   This is the whole clip:

• Members

Right down to the very end of his Senate career, Joe Manchin is an intractable spoke in the veritable wheel of the Senate confirmation process of a nominee proposed by Democrats. 
Lydia Pohlgreen wrote about in her words “the cowardly acquiescence of three Senate Democrats to an outrageous GOP smear campaign.” Does BlueSky SM not have an open embed feature?

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/05/opinion/adeel-mangi-confirmation-muslim-judge.html?unlocked_article_code=1.iE0.zEdc.uj3OAl8FwyHb&smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare&sgrp=c-cb