The Politics Thread

• Members

Thank you for posting Vee. I have several friends in Wisconsin(I live in Illinois) who have been working their tails off on tis for years. Ben Winkler has been a godsend to Wisconsin and has change the trajectory of the democrats in Wisconsin. Other states that have fallen to GOP tricks should take a lesson. There have been failures along the way and it's been a long road but this was the ultimate goal. Don't let anyone tell you change is not possible. And other states should look at what Winkler did and see what lessons they can learn. Each state is different yes, but I will never believe change is not possible. Michigan is case number 2 to prove that.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I would guess that Manchin always thought he'd have more support than he did, and he seemed genuinely angry that Trump tanked the immigration deal that epitomized so much of what he believes in politics (beyond $$$$).

It seems like most of the emphasis now is on getting people to stay home or vote anyone else because of Palestine (to the point of MSNBC having "Democrats" on to say that it's fine to support Trump in order to teach a lesson to the party). 

And of course, RFK Jr, who is very cynically trying to get black voters with a "why should you have to pay child support?" argument (he actually did a photo op with a man at the forefront of this movement). As soon as I saw Killer Mike hyping him, I knew the fix was in, as Mike was out there for Brian Kemp and Herschel Walker in 2022. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I've begun to suspect that even more than before over the last couple years since Dobbs, this IVF thing and other measures like it - the whole Dobbs shockwave that keeps coming - will be what ultimately dooms Republicans again. I always thought Dobbs would keep on doing that, but this latest has put it in sharp relief again. This is a not a public conversation they want to have and they're terrified of it electorally.

• Members

What annoys me most is I know the media will spin this and I know that it's going to be used to get a lot of hesitant voters to go for Trump or sit out in November. In Michigan that's going to hurt.

• Members

This Michigan "uncommitted" nonsense was just the "red tsunami" all over again. Social media and cable news gas each other up with horserace narratives fed by garbage polls & sellouts willing to say anything to appear on TV. Then people actually vote and it all falls apart.

Journalism is broken and frankly I'm glad to see all the media layoffs. I just wish it would convince the press to change.