The Politics Thread

• Members

He was a monster, no matter how much the press, and many Democrats, will praise him for his decorum.

I do think it's a worry, as the campaigns against Biden are so active and fruitful, but the goals they hyped up did not get the result they expected. It still doesn't bode well for winning Michigan in November, but this campaign is just a smokescreen for many of the real reasons - among them, extreme social conservatism and bigotry.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Not so.

Historically, uncommitted has always been in the low double digits. If I recall reading, it was around 12% in 2012 and the same "Incumbent Obama is in trouble in Michigan!" tagline was pushed.

He destroyed Romney there that November.

• Members

So, what’s his face is trying to get away with posting $100 million bond and the judge rejected the amount? I have been asking folks where did they think that he was going to get the money and it’s as if people believed he would easily come up with it. I also express doubt that he could find a bonding company, not without paying a ton of interest.

Does anyone know who this is?

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/actor-hunter-schafer-among-protesters-arrested-30-rock-during-bidens-late-night-taping/5178328/

• Members

McConnell is only stepping down from the Leader position of his party in Senate (a position in name only anyway, since everyone knows who runs the GOP on both sides of the aisle). From what I understand, he is not stepping down from the Senate, unless there is another announcement expected that we don’t know about.

• Members

Honestly, I was disappointed when I got clarification about him not leaving the Senate. Are the people of Kentucky satisfied with his job performance? No rational person could be.

And a few days ago, I read about Clarence Thomas (aka, the living, breathing minstrel show cloaked in justice’s robe) and his new clerk. Wouldn’t be surprised if there were more impropriety going on there than meets the eye.

• Members

One of my good friends who lives in Phoenix said over a year ago that Sinema wouldn’t be getting another term.
Sinema thought she was being clever by what she believed was spiting the Democrats, only to isolate herself and undermine what capabilities she might have had. Her constituents have little to no use for her and haven’t for quite some time.

• Members

I saw a tweet earlier where someone said they thought she assumed Mark Kelly would lose in 2022 and that would chart her whole course. It didn't happen. This is going to be very close (Lake almost won the gubernatorial race in what may have been a much better year for Democrats than 2024 might be), so I guess at least she didn't stay in as a spoiler.

Meanwhile, the pundits are already pointing out Minnesota and not saying a word about this.