The Politics Thread

• Members

I have a question: Let's say that Nikki Haley keeps going through a few more primaries and then finally drops out. Then, a few weeks later, Trump collapses and dies. What will happen then? Will they (the GOP) have to start the whole process from scratch?

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well, firstly, we'd have a weeklong national mourning celebration.  I keep hoping for the day he has a collapse onstage and takes a fatal tumble. I'd much rather he go out that way versus someone taking him out, because then the crazy rightwingers and conspiracy theorists will go on a tirade and kill any "evil liberal" they come in contact with. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

TBH, I'm not looking forward to a Biden/Trump rematch.  If Biden loses, then that means we get another four years of Trump (and maybe more, if he gets his way) and I don't think the country would survive that.  On the other hand, if Trump loses, then that means we get to play another round of "the election was rigged!," and I don't think the country would survive that either.  Either way, the 2024 election, IMO, will be the moment when our nation is torn to ribbons.

• Members

I'll be honest, I've never worried about Trump being re-elected because I've always expected him to die before November. I have been waiting for years for this moment. The great thing is Trump isn't going to get better. This train only runs in one direction and it ends at the graveyard. 

I've always dreamed of him collapsing during a rally for exactly that reason. But the truth is that when he dies, his cult will shatter. Some will become violent. Others will take themselves out when Trump doesn't resurrect three days later because that's how cults end.

• Members

You've always been an optimist on this topic. Now here we are 8 long years later and my prayers remain unanswered. He is declining mentally, but will it be fast enough? These are the days I wish I were part of a Coven. Maybe if we make a blood sacrifice Satan will finally call him home.

Edited by Juliajms2

• Members

This is insane, yet not at ALL surprising. The White House Pharmacy was basically a drug dispensary - more like a PEZ candy dispenser - during the Dump Administration.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-white-house-pharmacy-prescription-drugs-1234953535/

If it's pay walled, Stephen Colbert gives some details. I marked the start of that topic, so the video should play at that segment:

• Members

That was over a week ago (I think I may have posted a link at the time but I don't post as much as I used to in here so maybe not) - it's good news but I'm not sure why they waited so long to talk about it, especially since Republicans can now just say well we won a seat in New Hampshire last night. Then again, it's MSNBC, what can you expect.

• Members

If I turn out to be wrong, so be it but I've seen too many people spend the last few years worrying about if he gets re-elected. I've chosen not to waste my peace on that.

I'm more hopeful now than I've been in a while because now his decline is being discussed openly because they can no longer avoid the topic. It's obvious that whatever drug combo they have him on has stopped working so he's going to get worse faster and we all get to watch, laugh, and point fingers which ironically only increases his stress.

• Members

One of the dead-end leftists who was dragged out of UAW's Biden endorsement ceremony - sure enough there are several tweets of her praising Trump. Here's one. So many on the left cherish Trump as their ideal because he says everything they want to say.

• Members

It really annoys me that they are calling Biden Genocide Joe. It's such a disgusting and baseless smear. I couldn't dislike these people more than I do, but if I could interrupting a speech on abortion would do it. CNN has a report showing that over 60,000 rape victims have been forced to carry their pregnancies to term since Roe V. Wade was overturned. Just despicable.

• Members

The same ugly scene happened when Biden went to the church where Dylann Roof targeted and killed black parishioners. One woman who had lost her aunt to that scum spoke about how much their behavior upset her. The response of many on the left was, as usual, mockery, and thinly veiled racism. 

Edited by DRW50