Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

These elections aren't just about the Dem primary. There are local issues on the ballot like judges and tax levies. Red states are postponing primaries to keep people from the polls. If they were acting in good faith they would simply mail a ballot to everyone on the rolls.

• Members

I can’t believe this debate is still happening. I hope to god they both know they can’t go out there and quibble over primary horseshit tonight. Just coalesce and speak on behalf of the party and shared goals for this crisis, this election and beyond. If Bernie’s got any decency he cedes then and there and says “now is the time to work with my friend Joe Biden to get the most care to the most people today and in the future, and stop Donald Trump from ever letting this happen to our country again.” Be statesmen - both of them. Otherwise, if he wants more irrelevancy this is his ticket.

This crisis is Bernie's policy legacy; it is the case for M4A he could never make for himself. It is a testament to the validity of our shared beliefs for better health care, no matter how we get there, and so it’s important to shift how he handles the moment. He can become the caretaker working hand in hand with the party for this cause instead of trying to rupture it for himself. But if he remains focused on dragging out a hopeless intra-party primary no one cares about anymore with petty ideological squabbles he will fade away, and only his core platform will remain. Without him. It doesn’t have to be that way. I wish I could believe he knows that. I don't.

• Members

I guess I was just thinking of all the people standing in line spreading the virus, but you're right, I wish they'd done it another way and clearly they don't want to do so as it doesn't fit their agenda. 

It's ego/vanity. And Bernie probably does believe if only he can say this stuff again people will finally go along, as they helped make him a star in 2015. Unfortunately for him, many of the cultists have already moved on - to the latest outrage about Nancy Pelosi not getting everything they wanted, to reminding everyone again and again and again that they will never support Biden even if Bernie asks them, and to bizarre, pathetic stunts like paying the washed up To Catch A Predator guy to smear Biden. They were just using Bernie...and making him very rich in the process. 

I keep seeing some people peddle his "fireside chat" to show how Presidential he is compared to Biden. I certainly can't say very much about Biden's stature these days, but poor Bernie looked very very frail and hesitant in the video. I think anyone who is passing that around may want to think twice.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I know Biden is older but I remember that 2012 debate where he wiped the floor with a much younger Paul Ryan. Bernie launched attacks on Biden in the second half of the debate but they really didn’t stick IMO. And Biden committing to 4 years of college for family incomes under 100k a year and adopting Warrens bankruptcy bill are big takes. I thought Biden was sharp, a big question for many.

The biggest take is Biden committing to choose a woman for his running mate and Supreme Court Justice.. Smart politics and solidifies the suburban woman and  yes WoC  vote. I’m shocked Bernie didn’t match that.

I watched that CNN town hall with Biden about 2 weeks ago(seems longer) and that really resonated with me. He was on point and showed his knowledge, compassion, and empathy. It changed my mind on him.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

The cultists are already going on about how he lied and are using the debate as another excuse to switch their support to Trump, which many of them have long wanted to do anyway. 

They screwed themselves over because they set a picture of Biden completely falling apart onstage. He instead had a decent night, which thanks to their expectations game, was even better for him than it would have been otherwise. 

In other news, the Washington Post continues to employ a man who is dedicated to stirring up homophobic attacks against Pete Buttigieg.

• Members

Biden does lie unnecessarily though. He needs to stop ASAP because he is going to be held to a higher standard then Trump. Don't ask me why because I've never understood why Trump gets away with what he does. It doesn't even matter that journalist call him out on it he just does it endlessly and his base doesn't GAF.

Not sure how I feel about Biden choosing a woman as VP. Of course women deserve a chance, but after the unleashed misogyny we've seen over the last 4 years, I just hope it doesn't stop him.