• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

ICYMI (and under the circumstances, who could blame you if you did?):

Joe Biden has won the Florida and Illinois primaries.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/17/us/elections/results-primary-elections-florida-illinois-arizona.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

As of right now, Arizona's results are still pending.

• Members

So you were right. 

I imposed a bit of a social media blackout for the last month as it was too stressful but when the Super Tuesday results came in I broke it. I was watching it with a huge sense of relief and I turned to my husband and said "see! Khan was right!". Understandably, his next question was "who the hell is Khan?" I had to explain "oh, just someone on a message board who said wait until Super Tuesday". "Khan was right" has become a saying in my house when one of us says something nonsensical. So you now have  Z level famousness in Tasmania!

• Members

In a hotly contested primary race in Illinois, Marie Newman beat incumbent Dan Lipinski in the democratic primary. This is a welcome win. And despite the attempts to tie her to people like AOC(yes she was endorsed by AOC and Our Revolution), she's not a progressive, a word I now associate with the cancel culture of the purity police on the left. She's an old fashioned liberal. She also moderated a bit on M4All due to the heavy union presence in this district.

Please do not shed any tears for Dan Lipinski. He was appointed to his seat after his dad held the seat for years, he refused to endorse Barack Obama in both presidential elections, he voted no on the ACA, and he's the worst kind of pro-life democrat out there.  This is not a red district democrats are in danger of losing. https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics/elections/ct-illinois-congressional-primary-roundup-20200317-x4rbpwa77jbrnn37fzlbmer7hi-story.html?fbclid=IwAR3X0awmzHkJRfAXPWpwhoAuojXKXaixgKMYGpP8Giq7SwV6eHj5GrA_QWQ

• Members

This has been clarified, I see.

I was the one who said that I wasn't really bothering much with primary season since I was certain that by the time it was my region's time to vote (The Acela Primaries), the whole thing would be pretty much over anyway. I've remained somewhat engaged but not as much as last time but if coronavirus doesn't bring everything to a halt, my prediction may indeed pan out.