Jump to content

The Politics Thread


Recommended Posts

Jerry Falwell Jr is throwing a fit and threatening to move Liberty to West Virginia. Apparently Ralph Northam wants to cut the funding for online education, which means trash like Liberty is going to be losing a lot of cash.

 

Good.

 

 

Edited by DRW50
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 37.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • DRW50

    4863

  • Vee

    4831

  • DramatistDreamer

    4587

  • Khan

    3055

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I, for one, am not entirely sold on the concept of "online education."  I'm sure it presents a ton of benefits to those who participate, but to me, it still feels largely like a scam and a cash-grab.

 

Is Buttigieg gaining ground with voters of color?  Is that why the NYT has published this article?

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/28/us/politics/buttigieg-campaign-black-hispanic-staff.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Edited by Khan
Link to post
Share on other sites

A bunch of Berners decided to push their way into a Biden campaign office in Iowa and harass his volunteers. These folks have gone completely off the rails. This is not the behavior of people who think their campaign is winning. It's the behavior of nihilists who think they have nothing left to lose. I'm just waiting for the inevitable moment when they try this stunt somewhere else and get their asses beat.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Good lord.  It truly is like a strange cult. They need everyone to be true believers or they try to punish them. Yeah, let's put these people in charge.

On 1/27/2020 at 6:24 PM, marceline said:

 

The lefties who sat home or spite voted have no idea how they screwed themselves by letting McConnell stack the judiciary. I had some Berner tell me today on Twitter that I was just a fossil who will be dead in 20 years and I thought, "Your stupid ass will be living with this for the next 50 then your kids will too." 

[!@#$%^&*]'em. Did you point out that you are nearly 30 years younger than Bernie?  A Bernie supporter who bring up age in an argument. What a dimwit.

Edited by Juliajms
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Juliajms said:

Good lord.  It truly is like a strange cult. They need everyone to be true believers or they try to punish them. Yeah, let's put these people in charge.

 

The sad thing is, if Senate Republicans (and Berners) get their way, and Joe and/or Hunter Biden end up testifying at the impeachment trial, then Bernie is a near-lock for the nomination.  Because, even though all the Biden-related conspiracy theories have been debunked many times over, there's no way that family would be able to emerge unscathed by their testimonies.

 

In 2016, people talked about holding their noses and voting for Hillary Clinton.  Lord knows what we'll have to hold to vote for Bernie Sanders. 

Please register in order to view this content
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Khan said:

 

The sad thing is, if Senate Republicans (and Berners) get their way, and Joe and/or Hunter Biden end up testifying at the impeachment trial, then Bernie is a near-lock for the nomination. 

 

Oh hon, I disagree completely. I honestly think that the Biden's testifying would be terrible for Republicans. Joe Biden is very well liked among every constituency Dems need to win in 2020: black people, suburban women, moderates, newborn independents driven from the GOP,  blue collar voters, and midwestern voters. Video of Biden being attacked and his last surviving child being attacked doesn't win them any votes. And few of those people would move from Biden to Sanders. Warren and Pete perhaps but not Sanders.

 

Sanders hit his ceiling in 2016 and right now he is HATED by a portion of the Dem base.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, marceline said:

 

Oh hon, I disagree completely. I honestly think that the Biden's testifying would be terrible for Republicans. Joe Biden is very well liked among every constituency Dems need to win in 2020: black people, suburban women, moderates, newborn independents driven from the GOP,  blue collar voters, and midwestern voters. Video of Biden being attacked and his last surviving child being attacked doesn't win them any votes. And few of those people would move from Biden to Sanders. Warren and Pete perhaps but not Sanders.

 

Sanders hit his ceiling in 2016 and right now he is HATED by a portion of the Dem base.

 

I think this is why Sanders' campaign is now directly pivoting toward Joe Rogan and his voters - dumb, bigoted white men. The idea seems to be they are some kind of silent majority and that any Democrat who is hesitant about being in a bloc with them needs to just shut up or they will be seen as a hypocrite and not wanting to actually win. 

 

It's a twofer - either Bernie and his cult win and then do whatever they want without any repercussions from the party, or they lose and say the system was against them and everyone gets what they deserves with Trump. 

 

I think they really do want to lose and know they would be much better off financially and in popularity if he does. It's probably only his huge ego that is keeping him in.

 

He truly is Trump. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So many of Sanders' supporters are not and have never been Democrats. They are fringe people with ideologies that are nonsensical and who vote for anyone who promises massive changes or revolution. Plenty of Ron Paul supporters are now supporting Sanders.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

 

I think this is why Sanders' campaign is now directly pivoting toward Joe Rogan and his voters - dumb, bigoted white men. The idea seems to be they are some kind of silent majority and that any Democrat who is hesitant about being in a bloc with them needs to just shut up or they will be seen as a hypocrite and not wanting to actually win. 

 

The irony is that Joe Rogan fans aren't Dem primary voters. The Rogan endorsement gets Bernie nothing in the primary. In fact it drives away voters he needs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, marceline said:

 

The irony is that Joe Rogan fans aren't Dem primary voters. The Rogan endorsement gets Bernie nothing in the primary. In fact it drives away voters he needs.

 

That's why his cultists are amping up the shaming sessions - the main one I keep seeing is you care more about supporting war criminals than about what's right if you criticize the touting of this endorsement. It's all about shaming and subjugation. Never mind that St. Bernie supported wars too, and is happy to enable dictators. 

 

This is a pretty decent article from a trans perspective. 

 

https://www.advocate.com/commentary/2020/1/29/take-it-trans-woman-sanderss-embrace-rogan-terrible

 

Meanwhile, some of his brain dead brigades are trying to primary Nancy Pelosi. Good luck with that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh they just have headaches, don't worry.

 

This is the type of stupidity that reminds me how close we are to full despair.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It really peeves me how homophobes always believe the LGBTQ community is out to convert young men and women into "God-hating fags," as it were.  "Ruin Christianity"?  Please.  Homophobic people are doing just that, every damn day, whenever they preach The Gospel According to Trump.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy