Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I would still choose Bernie over Trump. I agree he won't be able to get much of his domestic agenda through. That's a given, but I think we can hope he will stop the concentration camps on our border. That alone would be worth it to me. The travel ban would likely end. The misogyny would probably stay the same, but at least we wouldn't lose another SCOTUS or a POTUS who wants to end abortion rights. Then we have all the other federal judges that Trump could appoint if he gets four more years. No thanks.

I would take Biden and Warren over Bernie though. The last thing we need to do is careen between right and left wing populism at this point. We really need to revert to the mean and that's basically Biden. There isn't a perfect candidate, but anyone but Trump works for me.

• Members

Anyone who accepts the endorsement and support from someone who compares the continent of Africa (of course, many of these dumbf*cks believe that Africa is a country) to "Planet of the Apes" will never get my vote. No f*cking way!

EDT: Oh apparently he called black neighborhoods "Planet of the Apes". My point still stands. Also, I resent white folks on social media trying to lecture black voters to basically suck it up and unify. GTFOH.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

If Sanders gets the nomination, I cannot vote for him in the general. I'm in California, so my vote won't really make a difference on account of the electoral college. Russia already targets black social media users to try and keep black voters home and Sanders accepting this endorsement gives them more fuel for their trolling, so he'd have a major problem in swing states where the black vote is critical. That's why he would be a terrible nominee.

• Members

What a bunch of bullshit. His press secretary is a proud Jill Stein voter and they're talking about compromising values. Bernie's lemmings have also made an endless song and dance out of how much they hate the idea of the big tent. His #1 cult member, AOC, used MLK Day to talk about how much she hates the Democratic Party and is actively working to primary anyone who doesn't fit her very long list of perfection. Does this mean that she has no time for the party but has plenty of time for a man who:

- goes on transphobic rants 

- says that homosexuals were sexually abused and go on to become sexual abusers themselves 

- calls blacks apes

- calls blacks the n word (over and over and over) 

- gives priceless attention to the likes of Steven Crowder, Ben Shapiro, Gavin McInnes, and Jordan Peterson, among many others

I am having a harder and harder time convincing myself that once Bernie gets into power, he will not give the same platform to bigots that Trump has. 

These are not trustworthy people. They will sell all of us out. They have before and they will again. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Bernie did that? There is so much going on I missed it (or so many horrifying things are happening I'd forgotten it).  Things just feel so out of control to me right now. At least one thing I can say about Biden is he seems to have a good heart. Maybe the most we can hope this time around is to get someone elected who is not going to try to actively hurt people. What a low bar, but here we are.

• Members

Yeah - I don't really know what the party is becoming...if not for places like this I'd feel completely adrift. 

Anyway, Warren got the Des Moines Register endorsement. This is pretty big - or was in the past. We'll see if it affects the results. 

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/opinion/editorials/caucus/2020/01/26/elizabeth-warren-president-democrat-iowa-caucuses-des-moines-register-editorial-board-endorsement/4562157002/