The Politics Thread

• Members

A lot of people have made money off the Clintons for nearly 30 years. Many on the left have now joined in, just as they are happy to entertain the ludicrous conspiracies of the Clintons being traffickers and murderers. They can blame the Clintons for their failures. They are now doing the same for Bernie as he was supposed to be doing much better than he is - this was supposed to be his time, and the "movement" was supposed to be just beginning. The irony is that many of the grifters who are propped up by Bernie bros, like Tulsi, are sapping enough of his support to possibly cost him in New Hampshire. 

The responses I'm seeing to people pointing out Democrats should care about making this known are, "Biden is no better."

We're already in "both sides" territory. So many on the left are happy to have 4 more years of Trump and are barely even bothering to hide it at this point. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

You know I respect the work that hes doing in Brazil but it's hard to care about this happening to him when he dismisses actions elsewhere that hurt so many millions of people in places like Russia, Syria, and China. A lot of us can agree the US has a terrible history of intervention and the motives are never about democracy, but with Greenwald the choice is always binary, the US doing bad things doesn't make Russia, China, or Syria victims.

• Members

Joe Rogan, known for anti-gay, transphobic, and racist comments (including casual use of the n word), and of course for giving an international platform to white supremacists and all-around hatemongers on his podcast, gave a half-hearted endorsement to Bernie recently, in between talking up Tulsi. 

Bernie, eager as ever to shore up the bros who are fond of Trump or just sit at home (or vote Green), retweeted this. 

Needless to say, any criticism - including from Bernie supporters - was immediately shut down in a wave of sneering and jeering about how you can't expect purity and you need to bring in more types of voters. 

How hilarious, considering his cultists regularly berate Democrats for trying to find a middle ground. Of course, it's bad if you have broad viewpoints and aren't them, because only they have opinions worth valuing. 

I can't tell myself anymore that St. Bernie and his Kool Aid drinkers are any different than Trump and his supporters. I just can't even make the effort. Even the pathetic pie in the sky lies, like "you'd better do this and shut up so you could get free health care!" are the same. The only difference is at least some Trump sycophants are getting what they want, on social issues and immigration. Bernie's followers will get nothing, other than to feel morally superior, which is meaningless, because they feel morally superior every time they wipe their asses.

This man and his flunkies make me sick and they are in no way capable of running this country. No wonder so many don't want to vote. I will feel sickened at ever casting a ballot that supports such a con artist and such reprehensible people who use him to push their hate and bigotry. 

Edited by DRW50