Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If I were in the military, I would be asking myself that very same question.  In fact, I think the GOP's actions are going to have a devastating impact on our armed forces in terms of enlistments.  Some will still succumb to jingoism, but not all.

• Members

Most will just enlist because they need the money, which big business and the GOP know, which is why they keep making the economy worse and worse. The main question becomes what happens if Trump is reelected and Putin and others ask him to destabilize the military even further.

Anyway, this type of response doesn't surprise me, but it makes me understand why some on Twitter go on and on about "eat the rich" and tweeting photos of guillotines. (no I'm not suggesting anyone should actually do that) It makes me feel sick to my stomach...

• Members

The media is up in arms about the fact that there likely won't be witnesses. At best there will be a tie and Chief Justice will side with Republicans. My question is, what is the big deal considering they won't vote to convict him regardless of evidence? All the evidence is already there and you have consciousness of guilt by the fact that they've continuously tried to block these people from testifying for months. Innocent people don't do that. 

We still will hear from John Bolton in his damn book and if the House calls him. It will change nothing. Over the next few months I'm sure more of Trump's crimes will also be revealed but it does not matter! Those Republicans aren't gonna turn on him. I feel Dems did what they needed with impeachment but this is the best result they could've hoped for. 

• Members

I think because not having witnesses means the soap they wanted to see isn't going to happen, and it also invalidates the fantasy they have of the Senate having righteous, respectful Republicans who are there to stand up to Trump For the Good of the Country. Instead the Senate Republicans are just perpetuating a sham and showing they are well and truly beholden to Trump. This cuts to the heart of the daddy issues and GOP bear-hugging that make up our media.

And of course some of the same people on the left who pushed for an impeachment are now saying it was pointless, when this was the obvious outcome all along. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

It would not surprise me at all to learn the Senate is launching yet another investigation into Benghazi.  Just as I am convinced they will look further into Biden's actions regarding Ukraine once they acquit Trump.

No doubt, it would be like what happened when AMC's Laurel was murdered during a taping of "The Cutting Edge."