The Politics Thread

• Members

That worries me too. Even though I live very close to Iowa, I'm not that familiar with the politics of the state. I would not have expected them to have enough people on the far left to support both Sanders and Warren as strongly as they did.

I'm so eager to return to what I see as perceived safety it surprises me that other people aren't as well. It shocks me that so many people are up for another "revolution" or willing to take a chance on someone so inexperienced for that matter. Typical bias on my part I suppose.

Edited by Juliajms

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I truly believe Biden's poor showing in IA was the result and consequence of bringing up his and his son's names throughout the impeachment proceedings.  Although all the conspiracy theories and such about Hunter and Joe's ties to Ukraine have been debunked many times over, the Republicans still managed to smear the family name enough to create an illusion of impropriety on their part; so that that, along with the suggestion that Crazy Uncle Joe's an exhausted pervert, would make voters throw their support elsewhere.

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear the WH set up that call to the Ukrainian PM in order to hurt Biden in the primaries, knowing Trump would be acquitted if the Democrats ever tried to remove him from office; and that now that the trial's just about over, Trump's acquittal is all but official, and Biden is permanently hobbled by the allegations, they'll quietly drop any suggestion of investigating the matter any further.  But, thank God they're not that bright, lol.

Edited by Khan

• Members

IA.  I can't figure it out either.  I THINK it's because we fetishize too much the idea of an outsider coming into this process and making the sort of huge, sweeping changes that separates the good leaders from the great ones.  But, I don't know.  I could be off-base in my thinking.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I think Biden split votes with Klobuchar and Pete, and I think his general demeanor over the campaign trail has made people reluctant, even if they support him in a poll. Beyond that I think people are also fed up with normal, or are just fed up of the process, period. I've been upset by just how ramshackle all the campaigns are, to the point where I'm having a harder and harder time imagining the election being competitive. Meanwhile, you have the grifter's sycophants saying stuff like this:

I don't want to be anywhere near a party where people like this are dominant. It makes me want to just give up on the process. And if Bernie is the nominee, I just may do that. 

• Members

My advice to all Democrats serving in Congress: if/when Trump is re-elected, make it a point not to show up for any SOTU's for the remainder of his term.  Believe me, it's so much than having to sit there and pretend to listen to his garbage.

I'm beginning to feel the same way, @DRW50.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Unfriended 2 more people last night when they went passive aggressive - and said - when will your party put someone on the ballot who is qualified?  LOLLLLLL.  I said, we had a person who was an attorney, first lady of a State, first lady of the U.S. for 8 years, Senator of New York, and Secretary of State.  And you had - a guy who knows how much money he has and he's never produced his taxes like he said he would, claimed bankruptcy, and did reality TV.  That was your candidate and you want to know what our quallies are?  *itch please.  

• Members

For all the talk about Trump being re-elected, it's pretty obvious that he's in poor health. Watch this clip first for the word slurring then watch it again with the sound off. Notice his death grip on the podium and the muscle spasm in his back. Whatever drugs they have him on are getting less effective. This dude is dying in front of us and no one in the press will talk about it.