Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

On the one hand, twitter can be an informative, entertaining platform in the exchange of ideas. OTOH, twitter can be a garbage platform where the loudest mouth prattle on and on, thinking a lack of response to their tweets signals some sort of assent.

There was a tweet that made me chuckle from a woman (I tried to find it but I didn't save it and I don't follow her, so it sort of got lost) who was mocking progressive twitter for railing against Obama--she basically said something like "look Obama knows how to win elections and none y'all will ever know, so stfu".  Of course I noticed the pushback from certain progressive activists who, although they wouldn't respond directly to that woman's tweet, railed on about Obama on their twitter thread (I don't follow any of these people but Twitter has an annoying habit of floating out tweets from people that you don't even follow) and this one person taunted that supposedly no one is defending Obama like "y'all used to".  People are not responding to this person, not because they agree with what this person is tweeting but because I think people just no longer feel like engaging in these meaningless, energy-sucking arguments. 

But the provocations are not just coming from keyboard activists, it is also coming from the media.

Has anyone watched the forum that was hosted by Jorge Ramos on Univision? Case in point, Ramos, who has been prone to nicknaming Obama the "Deporter-in-Chief" couldn't wait to ask Sen. Kamala Harris about the Obama administration record on deportation and whether she though it was a mistake/wrong. Harris very deftly told Ramos that the ICE policy of detaining undocumented for non-criminal and minor violations was not mandatory, for instance she advised the California state government that they should not/did not need to detain people who did not commit serious crimes. Ramos, for his part, acknowledged that Pres. Obama instituted DACA, ACA and other remarkable laws, initiatives, etc. and Harris bluntly stated her thoughts on Pres. Obama being one of the greatest presidents in our lifetime.  I think she was so insistent because she's wary of how her remarks came out during a previous debate and used the time that was allotted to her in this forum very well.

• Members

I said that's what Trump should have said to make it look like a win for him. My apologies for not being clearer.

I never said that they did. They do dominate conversation and media focus, and the poison they spew trickles into the race - it's likely one of the reasons that the early debates had candidates bashing Obama so heavily. 

• Members

Oh no my apologies for misunderstanding.

I think the media focus on the leftists is driven by the push to say the party is split and to push centrist candidates friendly to those who run the media.  I can't take anyone seriously anymore frankly in the media who pushes centrists and centrist ideology.  They all come across so disingenuous and in it for themselves, its not even believable. That doesn't mean I don't believe a good number of Americans are moderate, but these media people push wealth taxes and higher tax rates on the rich like these are leftist ideas, when they are supported by most Americans. Why? Because it hits them.  I also believe a good majority of Americans believe in breaking up the tech industry and most see none of these people are operating in good faith. 

M4All is different and I have come around to actually supporting the idea but I actually like Sherrod Brown's approach, which is lowering the age on Medicare and instituting a public option. Those things in particular might drive private insurance prices down, and if they don't then look at expansion. And frankly I don't think they will. I've had my own experience with the private insurance market as it relates to insurance for people like me who have PEC's. I am a breast cancer survivor and while my insurance costs are still on the high side(I am self employed), it's far better with the mandates in place than it was before.

• Members

I don't know who thought this was a good idea, lol. This sounds more like an endorsement, instead of a prevention/awareness campaign. I'm not getting a beware of the dangers of meth use, from this. I'm getting more of a "Beef it's what's for Dinner" vibe off of this, and I'm sure that wasn't their intention, lol. 

Edited by xtr