Toups

The Politics Thread

Let's be real, okay?  In order to live in a state such as SD, you need a little meth to stave off the boredom.

21 hours ago, DRW50 said:

South Dakota has a new ad campaign combating meth that is called "Meth: We're On It." 500K spent on this campaign, amazingly.

Maybe it's wrong but I find that ad hilarious and clever in a way. I don't know, maybe I just have a weird sense of humour......  :P

23 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Stephanie Grisham and Politico? I'll pass, lol. I already read my one Politico article per month.

They have been one of the worst in terms of Kamala Harris - reporting on every problem in her campaign - any passing over the problems Buttigieg md others have had. 

Edited by JaneAusten

27 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Stephanie Grisham and Politico? I'll pass, lol. I already read my one Politico article per month.

It's just them giving more detail about a claim she made - mostly showing a lot of comments from Obama White House people denying her lies. That's why I posted it.

Here's the original tweet.

55 minutes ago, JaneAusten said:

They have been one of the worst in terms of Kamala Harris - reporting on every problem in her campaign - any passing over the problems Buttigieg md others have had. 

Oh, don't get me started on how they've handled anything regarding Kamala Harris!  And their Twitter page is an absolute mess, they've been challenged and ratioed and all they do is take down tweets, with nary an apology for getting things so wrong.

Sondland would be smart to turn on the president. He has already committed perjury not to mention His involvement in this. He can’t risk a Democrat winning in 2020 and him going to prison. This is the only thing that may save him. Going and lying *again* will hurt his case. 

On the subject of Politico and Kamala, it’s very odd. If she’s doing so poorly and has no chance, why is there such a large effort to have her drop out or steal her data? Why the heavy negative articles? I know her campaign hasn’t been perfect, but since Tulsi’s attack (which she couldn’t rebute in the time given) they’ve pounced on her to shape the narrative. On the flip side, Mayor Pete (who I’m convinced is a republican) rose only due to the media. They have heavily featured him all these months because he’s an interesting story being gay and that has allowed him to fundraise and be perceived as a frontrunner. He has no chance of getting the nomination even if he wins Iowa and New Hampshire, but they have ignored his faults to boost him and it’s just screwing everything up.