The Politics Thread

• Members

Yeah, there were a few lines that I read from a few of the people that cause me to roll my eyes.   Also, the guy that said that he was conflicted because although he disagreed with Trump's stance on immigration, he believes Trump is a man of God .  I couldn't help but think that this guy really needed to get out of his bubble.  Trump may be a lot of things but a devout Christian is NOT one of them.  I was raised in church, have relatives who have done missionary work and I don't recognize Trump's brand of Christianity.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've forgotten that this type of style has now permeated the pulpit.  I never expected a twenty-something year old man would be taken in by the kind of philosophy that Jimmy Swaggart promoted.

Why so expensive? Did the side-piece go on the trip too?

This sounds like some much needed good news.

• Members

I'm glad you posted this @Khan so I didn't have to.  

Please register in order to view this content

The actual document, which is stored in 'the cloud' is available with a quick online search.  With each L that Trump Inc. takes, it draws even sharper focus on his haste to try to reshape the courts.

• Members

^ He really is a monster.  I can't believe we have a minimum of 2 more years of this.  Yeah, he could die, but I've never been the optimistic sort.

I'm headed to Temple Israel for Shabbat service tonight.  I dread it to be honest.  The people there have always welcomed me even though I'm an outsider. I hate to see them in so much pain thanks to blind hatred.

• Members

Michael Cohen has dropped a November bomb. Thrilled to see it, although none of these revelations surprise anyone about Trump. 

I'm tempted to do it myself. 

That is a very good observation. They basically are finding things to feed their crazy. I know social media has totally changed my opinion of the American public. About half are complete imbeciles. 

• Members

None of the people who run the major Hollywood studios can be called liberal by any stretch of the imagination. 

Having some vocal actors and a few directors and some writers, who also happen to be liberal doesn't constitute an entire industry being that way. The people with actual power to greenlight a movie or a series are almost always conservative and it has been this way going back to the days of MGM and Louis B. Mayer.

Many people look at actors and think that they run the industry.  They don't.

We've actually discussed this topic in the Movies and Music Thread and lately, also in the Hollywood Sexual Assault/Sexual Harassment thread in the Off-Topic Section.

Despite, the ruling in Georgia, I see the voter suppression handbook is still at work in some states.

Edited by DramatistDreamer