The Politics Thread

• Members

Mostly, I expected things like the challenge to birthright citizenship and harassment of ethnic minorities, racist incidents, etc., programs cut that help marginalized and low-income communities to happen but these bizarre events, like the one unfolding today is something that I still marvel at. 

This operation by Surefire Intelligence just feels like something lifted from the idea for a disregarded Kafka novel, or an idea that Ray Bradbury might have thrown away as being too preposterous to get published.

And I didn't even post the story published by The Daily Beast.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Any changes to the constitution would have to go through the states and as right-leaning as the court is it is hard to see Roberts approving of a change to the constitution by executive order and he is probably the most likely contender for swing vote moving forward (at least for some things). As for the scheme to set up Mueller, that has a potential to backfire in the election. After how much Republicans attacked the women who accused Kavanaugh it's going to be quite telling that they were the ones trying to set someone up and pay people to do it no less.

• Members

^ Yes. These strange incidents, the constant attempts at gas-lighting, it's all just bizarre. Also strange that we fought a war in which 60 million people died to put down fascism and here we have Trump and his ilk toying with it. Then about a quarter of the country seems ok with it and another chunk doesn't even see it happening.

The rest of what you mentioned is just normal Republican policy so I saw that coming too.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

It's not that I expected the challenge to birthright citizenship to succeed but I did expect him/them to try it.  

What I'm marveling at is the sheer frequency of these criminal operations.  It's as if Trump were the "Pied Piper" of underhanded/criminal operations to subvert the government.  They all are flocking his administration.

Also, I'm bracing for those tax cuts to bite the economy.  Trump is only good at making money for himself by gaming the system and short-changing people.  He's no good at creating equity for others.

• Members

The thread about Wohl approaching those financial firm for seed money and a bunch of perks was pretty funny too.

Case in point for Trump being some sort of odd Pied Piper for the corrupt and/or criminally-minded:

OMG people should read Jane Mayer's Twitter feed about Wohl!  It's quite something. They actually used a picture of Christoph Waltz, lol!