Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's just plain stupid. How are people falling for this nonsense I will never understand. 

You have got to get thoughts like this out of your head.  If Facebook posts are making you feel this way than mute the people who are upsetting you. Maybe just step away form all of it for awhile and focus on the things that make you happy like the Christmas movies. 

• Members

This article was really interesting to me.  It lays out the various elections that have been influence by Facebook and such recently. It also explains how the trolls get a serious foothold.  I doubt this will be news for people who are internet/computer savvy, but it was interesting to see how the cheese is made, for someone like me who only has a superficial understanding.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanhatesthis/brazil-jair-bolsonaro-facebook-elections

• Members

Frankly, I'd have been surprised if Bubbles hadn't tapped someone like "Rabbi" Jacobs to offer that prayer.  In his eyes, the shooting wouldn't have happened if they had loved them some Jesus.

You know I was being hyperbolic, right?  I'm not REALLY going to pull a Charles Whitman (although, given what occurred this past weekend at the synagogue, I can understand your concern).

Nevertheless, Julia, you're right -- and I'm doing just that.  I thought I could handle the pro-Trump ones among my friends on FB -- many of whom, by the way, are former classmates -- but it's just incredible to see how otherwise rational human beings have become so adept at rationalizing and justifying the most heinous [!@#$%^&*].

Again, everyone, rest assured I will not be committing any acts of violence anytime soon.  I'll leave that to my government and the troops who have been deployed at the border.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Members

Just returned home not too long ago from a candle light vigil at the temple nearby where I live. There probably over a hundred people there and that was a good turnout. The Rabbi was clear to point out how hate is a real problem and didn't talk around it.

• Members

Yes, otherwise I would have been messaging Marceline and asking her what we should do for you.   I can't imagine you harming anyone, but it seemed to me a sign that you were being pushed to far by the insanity that is on the net.  It's overwhelming at times and when any one of us feels that way we have to step away and preserve our sanity.

That buzz feed article really did explain to me how people have been radicalized.  I don't think we can blame it all on the net because if people weren't vulnerable to it it wouldn't be happening, but still. In some cases it seems like a chicken or the egg scenario.

• Members

I'm so glad to see this charade getting push back from everyone basically across the Jewish world. Extremely offensive and such a sham.

I grew up Jewish and while I'm definitely more cultural/holidays only now, I've been really shook up about this the past few days. Like Vee, I'm just glad most of my older relatives who escaped the Holocaust aren't alive to see this.

Edited by AdelaideCate007

• Members

Could someone explain to me a little more clearly what this means?  

For example: Mama Khan, an African-American, was born on U.S. soil.  However, Papa Khan, a native of Georgetown, British Guyana, never obtained U.S. citizenship.  (He came to this country forty-six years ago this month, on a visa, but he had let that visa expire by the time he and Mama Khan married.)

Does this mean I'm in danger, since one of my parents was a non-citizen at the time of my birth?

We Have. To Vote.  That's all there is to it.

Edited by Khan